Sign in to follow this  
Spidierox

Better use OP for FSX:MS & FSX:SE even when only using FSX:MS

Hi,

I am only using FSX:MS (so no steam edition).

I was wondering thzt in the long run it might be better to install the new OC (that both platforms support) as I already see that

SP1D has some clean up in it.

Will FSX:MS only OC be continued to be supported ? (also in the long run?)

Very confused about all this...

Please advise PMDG ?

Thanks.

Dieter de Wit

The OC is the OC. It's its own product and will continue to be supported as its own product. Granted, the only people who have it are 777 drivers at the moment because we haven't made it a standalone product yet, but it is treated as one.

You're overthinking this ;)

Kyle Rodgers

Hmm... just to be sure : OC = Operations Center right ?

Second, I had OC with 737 NGX. Don't understand why you say only 777 drivers have it?

Third, it was suggested to get the new OC (download it) because it it should support both FSX:MS & FSX:SE. :

".. This time, because of the changes we had to make to our installation process in order to account for FSX:SE- you will need to download the entire installer, fresh from our system..."

and fourth, the OC I have now was installed seperatedly if I recall correctly. It can update itself, install liveries and so on... so I do consider this as a standalone software;

So, to get back to the original questions: I do not need to download this new installer (OC) from PMDG site then ? - as it supports both FSX versions ?

kind regards,

Second, I had OC with 737 NGX. Don't understand why you say only 777 drivers have it?

That's the livery manager...

Third, it was suggested to get the new OC (download it) because it it should support both FSX:MS & FSX:SE. :

".. This time, because of the changes we had to make to our installation process in order to account for FSX:SE- you will need to download the entire installer, fresh from our system..."

The installer being referenced is the 777 installer. Not an installer for the OC.

and fourth, the OC I have now was installed seperatedly if I recall correctly. It can update itself, install liveries and so on... so I do consider this as a standalone software;

This is the Livery Manager. It was installed as part of the NGX. It's not standalone software because you cannot obtain it without the NGX.

So, to get back to the original questions: I do not need to download this new installer (OC) from PMDG site then ? - as it supports both FSX versions ?

If you can find it, you're welcome to download it, but one should know better than to argue about products with a guy who works there...

Kyle Rodgers

i's not about arguing it is about understanding.

Well I have downloaded the PMDG Operations Center, now it says 777 new updates but I have to install the full installer for it according to the instructions show on screen.

From previuos post by PMDG they said : "If you are only running FSX - then this update isn't necessay for you"

So it is not about arguing it is about understanding.

Please help.

Well I have downloaded the PMDG Operations Center, now it says 777 new updates but I have to install the full installer for it according to the instructions show on screen.

Correct. This is what I referenced in my last post:

"The installer being referenced is the 777 installer. Not an installer for the OC."

As the OC mentions, you need to log into your PMDG account at precisionmanuals.com and simply redownload the installer.

From previuos post by PMDG they said : "If you are only running FSX - then this update isn't necessay for you"

Correct. If you're only running FSX, you do not need this update. You'll note that, in the operations center, there's an option to ignore the update.

Kyle Rodgers

Kyle,

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Sorry if my post seemed to came across as...well not sure as what but wasn't received as positive that was for sure, but I had no intention to be offensive in anyway.

Also, don't forget English is not my native tongue and stating "first.., Secondly, Thirdly.." was more like a memory checklist type out loud then an intention of being offensive.

So after taking a deep breath and figuring that it might come across the wrong way, again I apologize and it was not my intention.

Everything is updated now with your help of explaining what is exactly what.

Next time I'll take a breath or 3 more...

kind regard

So after taking a deep breath and figuring that it might come across the wrong way, again I apologize and it was not my intention.

Everything is updated now with your help of explaining what is exactly what.
Next time I'll take a breath or 3 more...

I appreciate you taking the time to write this. I know that I can often come across the wrong way, and I also occasionally forget that not everyone speaks the same language I do. My blunt way of approaching things often doesn't help those situations. I could've done more, myself, to help the situation here as well.

In the end, I'm glad I was able to help you out.

Kyle Rodgers

You'll note that, in the operations center, there's an option to ignore the update.

Indeed there is, but it only clears the notifications once. The notifications are there every time you open the OC and you have to keep telling it to ignore. You can ignore the notification without telling it to ignore, so as it stands "ignore" does nothing useful. Now if the ignore was remembered and it stopped showing the notification......

The other annoying thing is getting notifications about updates for FSX:SE when I don't have it installed. I opened a support ticket about all this but no response so far.

I am only using FSX:MS (so no steam edition).

Please, let's not start renaming it FSX:MS. It's still FSX and doesn't need any extra letters to identify it.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Indeed there is, but it only clears the notifications once. The notifications are there every time you open the OC and you have to keep telling it to ignore. You can ignore the notification without telling it to ignore, so as it stands "ignore" does nothing useful. Now if the ignore was remembered and it stopped showing the notification......

I haven't even opened the OC since the Steam version of the T7 was released. About the fourth or fifth paragraph in RSR's initial sticky post said you don't need to update if you are using FSX. There was no need to open the can of worms that was the OC at the time and receive all the messages that didn't pertain to FSX. And I agree with Kevin Hall. I am using FSX not FSX:MS.