Sign in to follow this  
Alessandrov81

Add on compatibility

Hi everyone

Outstanding forum, i hope this is the right section

i'm new to FSX, i need an advice from more seasoned simmers.

I have installed Orbx FTX addon (Global+vector+openlc) i'm satisfied, but i would like to add more details for some local area. Looking in particular to Africa Airstrip Adventures and similars

cannot find community feedback on how they work together with AAA. Are they compatible and how they work together?

in theory I think so because I do not think AAA replace any texture but only landclass... and it is not photoscenery... but if someone tested it i would like to know results and in particular if AAA replace FTX for the coverage area (Mt. Kenya and surrondigs) or if they work together (so if AAA successfully uses the texture of Global FTX)

Also i think they could be compatible because AAA is similar to other orbx regions like i.e England.

I hope they can complement each other because I believe the result would be optimal... is this the same for other aerosoft products like Bologna X?

Note: i also have Scenery  tech (landclass) Africa, is that a problem with AAA?

Thank you very much

hi,

i used the african airstrip missions a long time ago, before the orbx days.... but if i recall it was able to be set above the other addons in the scenery library, and worked without much trouble. unfortunately i have not tested it recently with the same configuration you are using, so i cannot vouch 100% on the matter.

i noticed that their page at aerosoft has a demo version that includes a part of the relevant scenery and 2 airstrips, you might want to try that out ...if it looks like all the pieces show up properly then everything else should be legit

cheers

-andy crosby