Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Airlinetools FlightDeck A3XX ...

Any one already using this one ?

http://www.airlinetools.com/Flight_Deck.html

Feedback really appreciated...

There aren't many user reports, and videos / screens are also scarce... I would really like to read bout flight dynamics, fbw implementation / modeling, weather effects, performance, etc...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Hello,

Here is feedback about some points you mentionned :

- Fly by wire (fbw)  : as often for a simulator, fbw of FlighDeck A3XX look and feel will be highly dependent on the joystick you use, and by fine tuning the settings of the joystick axis.

Two setup screens are available for this purpose :

Flightstick general settings, for axis and button assignements

Capture1.PNG?dl=1

and sensitivity settings of  axis that can vary with the the airspeed of the airplane :

Capture2.PNG?dl=1

Here is the weather screen : parameters can be ajusted for each airport and for a predefined cruise level. With the current version, it is apparently not possible to dowload real weather (METAR) :

Capture3.PNG?dl=1

To have good performance, the recommended system requirements are listed on Airlinetools web sites. A good graphic card is recommended due to the fact that high resolution scenery is available for Switzerland.

There is howewer the possibility to adjust the display of the scenary toward resolution or performance, and even to suppress completly the scenery display .

tjack, thank you so much!!!!  Excellent info!

How do you find the handling?  Have you tried landing under adverse weather ?  What aboout autoland ?

The weather menu looks extremely professional - important stuff for trainning indeed.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

I tried either manual or auto land under situations of crosswind, but unfortunately there is a bug with the current version : no gust at all, just a constant wind.

During cruise, the turbulence setting is very present : the whole cockpit is shaking proportionally to the level of turbulences!

Thx for the report.

Let's wait for the upcoming patches :-)

If you could find the time to record a youtube :-))))

Main Simulation Rig:

Thanks a lot for those clarifications ,I think this software is very good but if you land with crosswind it does not mean turbulence at all in my opinion unless you add gust or windshear on final.

Regards

An update about flight model in Flightdeck A3xx : for sure it is not good as it is now !  Here is what I observed and what I have reported to Airlinetools :

Starting with the following approach situation: 10nm from LSZH RW14 flaps 1, then switched off manually the 3 ADR and then landing gear down. DIrect law was annouced on ECAM, and A/P and A/T disconnected.

I pulled the stick to the maximum, and the airplane climbed rapidly from 4000 to 13000 ft while the airspeed decreased, and then stabilized with a pitch-up attitude of about 50°, a speed of about 100 knots and a vertical climb of about 2000 ft/min (as seen on the standby instruments).
To try to break the climb, I decreased the throttles to IDLE, while still keeping the stick fully pulled, and then the speed decreased below 60 kt (standby airspeed needle fully vertical and pitch attitude of 50°) but under these conditions the rate of descend was unreallistically low for the situation : no more than -1500 ft/min !

Impossible to stall in direct law with the current flight model !!!!  

Thx for the followup!

I am sure they'll address those problems... Please get us in touch with it tjack!

Main Simulation Rig:

Hello,

did the solve the problems? How is the status of the software? Is it worth to buy?

I heard about some system crashes. Are they working on it?

Thanks for your help.

Would really liie to get some feedback too :-)

We can notice that it is being maintained, there are new features and producsts announced from time to time, and the team, being small, is always busy trying to fix problems and add new features but iut would relly be great if we could see something more about it, like more screenshots, videos...

Main Simulation Rig:

Here are some news.

Yes, the team looks small, and yes, they are surely busy trying to fix problems, but unfortunately, one and a half year after the release of the software, there is still some significant  problems even concerning normal procedures such as managed approaches, RNAV and non precision approaches....and bugs concerning malfunctions are reported quite frequently...

It is a pity, because the interface the simulator is very well done...

Thx for the followup tjack.

Main Simulation Rig: