Sign in to follow this  
Pe11e

Weather updates

Hi,

I'm having this issue for long, dating months before OpusFSI version, means that I had this problem also in OpusFSX.

So, I've entered departure/arrival airport and crusing altitude in Opus, I've set weather updates at 60 minutes and 900km, no updates on approach, and checked even options related to clouds flashing on weather updates (refreshes), stabilisation. And even then the weather updates itself after 5 minutes in flight, 20km from departure airport, causing complete change of cloud depiction and different wind, and yes you guessed, causing weird behaviour of my airplane (jumps, change of rpm, etc) after weather refresh. And every few minutes the weather updates automatically, always causing different or slightly different cloud cover, sometimes from depicted broken clouds 1000ft below the airplane on cruise, to huge formation of clouds in front of an airplane after the refresh! Absolutely unrealistic and immersion killing at its best. I'm quite confused here.

I disabled all weather related options in FSUIPC, have newest version of it, so it's not the culprit I guess. NOAA is checked in Opus, flightplan inserted, updates are set to be once in an hour as I mentioned, so I don't know what's causing this annoying weather/clouds refresh issue?

Any help is more than welcome, I'm sure I can sort this out, maybe at the end is some FSX stupid issue. If not, well, must find another weather engine to buy, because I'm having weird issues with FSGRW also, so that is maybe a clue that is not an Opus fault at all.

Cheers and thank you in advance!

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

This was a problem in an earlier version. Update to the latest version of OpusFSI Version 4.44.2 if you haven't already.

Set all defaults in all weather dialogs.

Disable Update Dest and Alt Sites When On Map in the Weather Download Options dialog, and uncheck Enable Selective Updates in the Smoothing and Stabilisation dialog.

Cheryl

Hi,

The latest release version is OpusFSI Release Version 4.44.2, download via the Upgrade button on our Downloads page. I would also advise following our SimForum Announcements. The frequent updates was a problem with the Actual checks for your Destination which were corrected, putting an end to the repeated updates.

http://www.opussoftware.co.uk/opusfsi/downloads.htm

Regards
Stephen :-)

Thanks.

I didn't updated for some time, because I was switching between FSGRW and Opus quite a lot, and somehow forgot to follow further development of OpusFSI. I'm currently on 4.10.0 version. In which version is that update bug fixed?

Will update ASAP, thank again!

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

WOW. It was some time ago but after your current version. You should upgrade in order to overcome the NOAA GRIB server maintenance issues as well. There have been a great number of upgrades and new releases since your version. You should check our SimForum Announcements. Just remember to set all weather default options, read and follow the Recommended Practices.

You have missed a large number of major updates. Including the use of low level forecast data, RW winds and temps from the surface upward, multi layered medium and high level cloud cover, stratospheric temps and winds, improved dynamic wind control, inclusion of runways data, vastly improved LWA maps with Live Traffic overlays, the new and vastly more efficient OpusPDK Interface for P3D systems, etc. etc.. Major improvements all round.

You should read on from here ...

http://www.simforums.com/Forums/announcements_topic42608_post314043.html#314043

Updated to 4.44.2, will test it tonight and hopefully complete a flight without any issues.

Cheers

Just follow the above recommendations and all should be ok, with all defaults set I. All dialogs, specify your destination and cruise altitude, update the weather, then go fly.

You will need fsuipc4 installed for the OpusFSI dynamic wind control. Turn off the destination checks to minimise possible unwanted updates.

You will need fsuipc4 installed for the OpusFSI dynamic wind control.

Bonjour,

I am a bit confused as I thought that FSUIPC was not used for any weather or turbulence related effects as mentioned in the doc.

If it is now needed what are the best settings in FSUIPC.

Best regards

Claude

Claude Troncy

FSUIPC is still not used for any weather or turbulence related effects, but the free (or registered) version needs to be installed since Opus uses it for Dynamic Wind Control. You don't need to configure any settings in FSUIPC.

Cheryl

Hi, I have the very latest ver installed and I am getting the exact same weather situations as described in the first post of this thread. Very strange weather updates and cloud change issues. I am flying along and poof every thing changes. It happens again and again. Something is not right I fear. Any other suggestions

Thanks Nelson

Please check all your settings and make sure you have turned off the Destination weather checks. The checkbox immediately underneath the Cruise Altitude box. Also check your weather update frequency and distance settings. Check your shortcuts and if you've allocated a button or key for weather updates then ensure they are not being used for other purposes. that's about it. The weather updates will only occur as the update freq and distance but also each time you climb or descend above and below the recovery altitude. I assume you are following Recommended Practices and specifying your destination and cruise altitude with automatic settings.

So check all your weather doalogs. Also check you have disabled all other sources of weather input. Both In the sim, and any other weather engines. So no sim RW weather or anything like that. I believe the default is updates every 60 mins or 160km plus of course as you pass through the recovery altitude level.

Are you sure the weather is being updated by Opus ? Try flying along with the LWA on or Spy window open as that will indicate when any weather updates occur. This could be something in your sim or coming from somewhere else.

Also see our faqs. Do you have FSInn active ? If so have you disabled its weather injection ? Do you fly VATSIM ? What about fsuipc4 weather options? Other weather engines. Or even the sims own weather setting, you should have that turned off and the weather changes set to never.

Doesn't really sound like these changes are actually coming from Opus. If they were there would be plain indication in the reports, LWA map, spy we down etc.

Don't forget checking the configured Shortcuts.

Also turn off our Selective Updates and just fly as mentioned above with the default options (turn off the destination checks for now). Then use Recommended Practices so that you will know where the updates are coming from. With the above defaukt options it will be obvious when OpusFSI is generating new weather.

Stephen