Autopilot pitch knob adjusted
Some tooltips showing wrong information
Flap mouse manipulation issue
Other minor issues

Improvements
N1 reference box implemented
Gear unlocked light implemented
Flight dynamics improved in climb
Climb, takeoff, landing and other new information added to the Performance document

Customers just have to log into their accounts at carenado.com to get it.
You don t need this service pack if you downloaded the product after January 26th, 2015 1630 GMT

Have fun!

Cheers,

Mark

I do not see any immediate conflict with my mods... but..

If you have my mods, just delete/rename all the folders you have added (by adding xx to the names) and see what SP1 brings.

If you liked my mods better, rename the folders back, one at a time, to bring the function back ^_^  

Bert

Hi Bert,

one thing they did not fix is the thrust delay... you can see in this video at 2:53 that

in the real plane there is about a one second delay with the engine but in the sim it takes longer...

thx 

Very good video --- always fun to ride along in a RW cockpit. The modernized avionics are where this bird needs to be (optional or not). Good example of the flying of higher performance A/C with autopilot (excepting landing and T/O).

OK, we are ready for the updated panel  !!!   :Big Grin:

Thanks for the video!  P.S. - some guys get the better co-pilots!

Looks like my mods are largely unaffected. I have sent out a revised EHSI to include the SP1 bug fixes.

Engine management has sure changed!  I can now take off with full throttle, which I could not do before

without hitting red-lines.

Bert

SP1

The N1 top end mods are nice, the ITT burst seems to be fixed. The additional thrust is really minimal but it does hold cruise climb speed to FL310 and then at full power it is smack dab on the mark for 403 knots with 643/643 pph FF. The elevator effectiveness seems improved also but I can't measure it. I didn't notice the other fixes on this flight.

You should be able to sit still with the brakes off and not creep at idle. You also s/b able to add full throttle for a SL takeoff run and use IAS for cruise climb and still be climbing at 1,000 fpm when arriving at FL310. Leave the throttles at full and have 103 and change N1 and let it accelerate to fast cruise of 403 kts. More or less.

The Speeds and References are much improved from nothing. Look in the Performance docs for 13 new pages of really useful numbers that of course should have been in the initial release. Just about all you need for sim flying.

Regards, Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Looks like my mods are largely unaffected. I have sent out a revised EHSI to include the SP1 bug fixes.

Engine management has sure changed!  I can now take off with full throttle, which I could not do before

without hitting red-lines.

Good news and yep, the engine management and the flight dynamics as well, have been greatly improved. Climb to altitude performance is much better and closer to the real thing. Nice cruise and fuel consumption up on the edge of the envelope of specs. Now for that SP2 with update nav system (GTN750) etc.   :lol: 

Thanks for the update EHSI file ---- Cheers!!

I'll be back to my numbers...

13.    Unable to obtain normal cruising altitudes except at light weights (aircraft should go AT LEAST to FL350 from a GW takeoff)  PARTIALLY FIXED (* I noted someone somewhere said you rarely see these aircraft above FL280 or so on Flight Aware. Not sure what version of Flight Aware they are looking at, but they need to take a flight that's about midway on a longish leg. Rarely do you see them UNDER FL370 when going for more than a 1.5 hour flight - I still only made FL310 in my test flight tonight - I consider this still not fixed)

I completely agree with this, that's why I tweaked the engine numbers to achieve a FL400 with no prob...

one thing they did not fix is the thrust delay... you can see in this video at 2:53 that

in the real plane there is about a one second delay with the engine but in the sim it takes longer...

thx

A couple of points to consider. The plane in the video has different engines than the S/II. How are you matching the MTOW of the Citation II in the video to your test with the Carenado S/II model? How are you matching the other takeoff factors like temperature, elevation, wind, runway condition, etc.?

Did you compare the time from the start of takeoff roll to wheels up for both the Citation II in the video and the Carenado S/II? If they are within even a few seconds, that would be excellent modeling.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

@jjmp:

How you tweak the engine after the Sp1?

I saved my previous tweaks of the engine in a separate file, now I'm copying them again, keeping the original file as a backup...

I feel itchy to buy this plane, but so many negative comments are stopping me from buying. ( I have no any experience with Carenado )

For me main question is about FMC.

I have read that FMC is unusable and buggy.

I do not want to fly VOR to VOR, I want to put flight plan into FMC and let FMC follow.

Is it possible ?

What functionality FMC is presenting ?

Artur 

I feel itchy to buy this plane, but so many negative comments are stopping me from buying. ( I have no any experience with Carenado )

I do not want to fly VOR to VOR, I want to put flight plan into FMC and let FMC follow.

Is it possible ?

If this is your goal, the S550 is not the plane for you.  It has very limited FMC functionality "out of the box".

Have a look here for a possible workaround..

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/460037-s550-with-isg-fms/

or consider adding a GTN750.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/460222-gtn-750-intergration-in-mfd/

Bert

Is it possible ?

The FMS is capable of following a flight plan. Currently it gets its flightplan from Flight Simulator, so you can use Flight Simulator's built in planner or a third party planner that can send a flight plan to FS.

The FMS is considered "light", do not expect full UNS-1L functionality. If you have the UNS-1L from Carenado's B1900 you are getting the exact same box.