Sign in to follow this  
devgrp

The ultimate VAS testing for FSX Steam Edition

Settings max out flying out of fsdreamteam lax with no problems

Thanks. The steam version is pretty nice. I just did a complete reformat with the new windows 10 tech preview with just steam and so far everything I've installed has for has installed without issue

so far everything I've installed has for has installed without issue

Out of curiosity and if it's in your inventory, did you make an attempt to use the Level-D 767 in Win10 & FSX?  The LevD 767 was a no-go for me on Windows 8/8.1 with severe audio and video stuttering and hammering (not inconvenient scenery microstutters, but a full blown hick-hick-hick seizing of the simulator). I'm curious if the Win10 might somehow improve that.

Out of curiosity and if it's in your inventory, did you make an attempt to use the Level-D 767 in Win10 & FSX? The LevD 767 was a no-go for me on Windows 8/8.1 with severe audio and video stuttering and hammering (not inconvenient scenery microstutters, but a full blown hick-hick-hick seizing of the simulator). I'm curious if the Win10 might somehow improve that.

I don't have level d but the problem might be resolved in Windows 10. The controller disconnect problem is now gone

Totally placebo ;)

what's placebo? The performance lol

I think everyone who is saying it's a placebo effect should install the se. I've fooled around with fsx too much to know when something is placebo.

Suddenly I can fly in and out of all my fsdt airports with textures ay 2048 with the 777 and have smooth performance. With fsx ms performance was choppy with the 777 especially at lax and JFK with 1024 textures and lower settings.

But if you guys think it's placebo then I'll continue to enjoy it and not having to save and restart fsx to avoid the dreaded oom on approach lol. You can keep that

BTW here is a follow-up video I did with fsx ms with the same settings. I lasted 9 min before running oom and all though fps was able the same I'm both videos so you clearly see that the steam version was smoother

Unless I missed something, why is that the two FSX-SE VAS tests I have seen are done in DX9 and not 10?

Because most people don't use dx10. I have the fixer but I get better performance and better looking aa in dx9 plus sweetfx doesn't work in dx10 and that is a must for me because fsx is a little too blue and washed out for me

what's placebo? The performance lol

I think everyone who is saying it's a placebo effect should install the se. I've fooled around with fsx too much to know when something is placebo.

Suddenly I can fly in and out of all my fsdt airports with textures ay 2048 with the 777 and have smooth performance. With fsx ms performance was choppy with the 777 especially at lax and JFK with 1024 textures and lower settings.

But if you guys think it's placebo then I'll continue to enjoy it and not having to save and restart fsx to avoid the dreaded oom on approach lol. You can keep that

BTW here is a follow-up video I did with fsx ms with the same settings. I lasted 9 min before running oom and all though fps was able the same I'm both videos so you clearly see that the steam version was smoother

Nope, nope. Your eyes fool you. Placebo 100% all the way, for the win. ;)

I'm just mimicking baseless responses to past demonstrations of VAS improvements. Nice video!

Cool video. Thanks for the effort!

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Cool video. Thanks for the effort!

What video? There's no link!

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

n4gix, on 29 Jan 2015 - 9:27 PM, said:

What video? There's no link!

Sure is. Maybe your browser is hiding the video?

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987!