Sign in to follow this  

How to properly install PMDG 777 Aircraft into FSX Steam Edition

This is a small guide here to all users who wish to install the PMDG 777 aircraft into Steam Edition after formatting the hard drive. This installation guide is only for people who are wishing to only use the FSX Steam edition. First install FSX Steam Edition. After installation is complete, you need a few things to install. Go to: FSX Steam Edition installation path\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\LegacyInterfaces. Install the SimConnect.msi files in the following order:

1: FSX-RTM\Simconnect.msi

2: FSX-SP1\Simconnect.msi

3: FSX-XPACK\Simconnect.msi

Installing previous SimConnect versions are essential to run the PMDG 777 aircraft addon properly. If you don't install these files, the activation window won't appear, making the aircraft useless. It is also needed for FSUIPC use as well.

This is a small guide here to all users who wish to install the PMDG 777 aircraft into Steam Edition after formatting the hard drive. This installation guide is only for people who are wishing to only use the FSX Steam edition. First install FSX Steam Edition. After installation is complete, you need a few things to install. Go to: FSX Steam Edition installation path\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\LegacyInterfaces. Install the SimConnect.msi files in the following order:

Installing previous SimConnect versions are essential to run the PMDG 777 aircraft addon properly. If you don't install these files, the activation window won't appear, making the aircraft useless. It is also needed for FSUIPC use as well.

This is a small guide here to all users who wish to install the PMDG 777 aircraft into Steam Edition after formatting the hard drive. This installation guide is only for people who are wishing to only use the aircraft for the FSX Steam edition. First install FSX Steam Edition. After installation is complete, you need a few things to install. Go to: FSX Steam Edition installation path\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\LegacyInterfaces. Install the SimConnect.msi files in the following order:

This is a small guide here to all users who wish to install the PMDG 777 aircraft into Steam Edition after formatting the hard drive.

Thanks.

For future reference, if you see the "service unavailable" thing, your post actually went through. It's an AVSIM system issue that hasn't been fixed yet. I've deleted all of the duplicate posts that resulted from the continued attempts.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks.

For future reference, if you see the "service unavailable" thing, your post actually went through. It's an AVSIM system issue that hasn't been fixed yet. I've deleted all of the duplicate posts that resulted from the continued attempts.

Thank you Kyle.  :rolleyes:

But,

my PMDG 777 installer installed perfectly, and I was able to activate my copy of the 777 without manually running any of those simconnect MSIs ?

• Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

But,

my PMDG 777 installer installed perfectly, and I was able to activate my copy of the 777 without manually running any of those simconnect MSIs ?

J.Monteiro -

Maybe you have both fsx installed on your machine, or you probably deleted the boxed version and kept the FSX Steam Edition only, which would mean that earlier SimConnect version are present on your machine, I don't know, I am just guessing. But today I have reformatted my hard drive, because I wanted a clean install of Windows 8.1. After selecting the PMDG aircraft, I did not see an activation window. I tried it out 2 times to see if there are any changes, but I didn't see any changes. So that is why I shared it here in case someone falls into the same problem as me in order to troubleshoot the issue.

J.Monteiro -

Maybe you have both fsx installed on your machine, or you probably deleted the boxed version and kept the FSX Steam Edition only, which would mean that earlier SimConnect version are present on your machine, I don't know, I am just guessing. But today I have reformatted my hard drive, because I wanted a clean install of Windows 8.1. After selecting the PMDG aircraft, I did not see an activation window. I tried it out 2 times to see if there are any changes, but I didn't see any changes. So that is why I shared it here in case someone falls into the same problem as me in order to troubleshoot the issue.

Yes, I was one of the person who struggle with that issue over the weekend. I did a fresh new install of Win 8.1 and ran into the same problem.  You do need to install from the older version to the newer one. I would also that after install all 3 legacy simconnect, I would reinstall the newer one in the lib folder.  I would also add you need to install FSUIPC if you have an Saitek H.O.T.A.S controller. Otherwise you will lose your controller if you change focus to another window.

Claude Desrosiers

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

Thank you doe this Guide, David.

I installed FSX-SE side-by-side with FSX-MS but on a totally separate drive. I then installed the latest PMDG 777-200LR/F and -300ER versions into where the FSX-SE is. Also took heed of tips elsewhere, to run those SimConnects which I did as initially when I installed the 777 into FSX-SE, all I got was a C&D scenario and I could not even action the BATT switch to get power.

However, on a different tack, I have successfully installed the CaptSim 707Captian into FSX-SE, but for some reason or other, cannot get the undercarriage to show in the Freighter- 300C expansion. Weird, to say the least.

Ok, it now makes sense to me after all, because indeed I had to install an updated "simconnect" for VisualPSX to work !  That might have done the difference!

And yes, I have FSUIPC too

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...