Sign in to follow this  
spilok

FSX deadly slow to start. Please help.

Sometimes it really doesn't start.  THIS JUST HAPPENED SINCE YESTERDAY. EVERYTHING WAS FINE BEFORE THAT.  I downloaded and installed the A2A upgrades, and really nothing else.

What I do notice is this?  If I start Task Manager, I see a process running called Microsoft Flight Simulator Security Warning.  When I delete that from Task Manager, FSX starts right up.  HOW DO I STOP THAT SECURITY WARNING FROM RUNNING.  I cannot even do a restore that works from the past.  Only today's restore works.

Please help.....I know one of you knows how to fix this.

Stan

With the A2A update would be a revised module to run inside FSX. Any time something wants to load with FSX you would see a dialog box asking if you want to run the module or not and if you said Yes, it would then ask if you want to trust it to always load? Sounds as if you are not seeing the dialog asking if you want to load and then trust the new A2A module?

Not getting that.  Just an FSX screen that won't load my default flight until I run task manager and delete the Security for FSX.

Now, I notice that EZ dok is not longer working.  Something must have happened to cause these issues.

Stan

Stan, just a suggestion. When you run Task Manager, look under Processes.If you see an Entry for that Microsoft FS Security, right-click in and locate where it is.Then, end that Process and rename where you located that file. Then try and see if it still causes an issue with your FSX.

Stan, sounds to me like your not seeing the pop up window for that security warning to trust the new A2A dll file.  Its probably behind the FSX window when FSX boots.  Hover over the FSX with your mouse on the task bar when this happens you should see two small windows one is FSX the other is the warning, open the warning one, click on run on the security message.  That should let FSX boot up normally. 

Sounds simple huh,  been caught out before, sitting there waiting for 10mins forgettinb that window pops up under FSX`s window lol

Really hope that is your issue.

Doogie

Thanks, Doogie.   I finally saw that warning today when I booted FSX.  I was able to deal with it, and everything's working well again....and miraculously, so is EZdok!   Appreciate all the help this forum gives.

Thanks again.

Stan