Sign in to follow this  
Winston

New problem

I've read the tutorial you suggested and the first three words are "Show Multiline Window" should be ON if you want RC's window on the FS screen. I do but I don't see anywhere the "Show Multiline Window" to leave on or turn off. It just isn't there. I've tried leaving RC on after loading the first tutorial flight and I still see no ATC window? Nothing I've tried works because I don't seem to have any of the menus or screens referred to in the tutorial instructions or here in the forum replies. Have I got a defective copy of Radar Contact or is my copy of FSX defective? Nothing I've tried gets me an ATC window except for the FSX ATC window.

Bob  

Have you got the correct version of FSUIPC installed into your FSX folder?

FSUIPC4 is correct for FSX. The latest version is here:

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66139-updated-modules/

Install the full and/or interim update as needed.

To set up the multi-line option in FSUIPC start up FSX and create or load parked flight. If the FSX menu bar is not showing hit alt-Enter. In the FSX menu bar click Add-Ons. Click FSUIPC. In the tab that opens click the checkbox for enable multiline as:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/us2qeyjwmjhk8t7/FSUIPC4%20unregistered%20set%20multiline%20tab%20.jpg?dl=0

The "free" FSUIPC only has two tabs - about and logging. A user paid registration has more tabs. The About tab has the indicated setup.

Here is a screen shot of RC's main screen when running. Notice the flight plan has been loaded (see the info box with the waypoints, etc.) and the Start button has changed to Quit. After RC disappears on starting you can bring this screen back up by using alt-tab and then get back to FS the same way. Use Quit to abort RC prior to exiting RC before exiting FS if needed.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0srk0hxtiwwbx37/RC4%20main%20screen%20plan%20loaded%20RC%20running.bmp?dl=0

Here is a parked flight default B738 panel view with RC's overlaid FSUIPC window showing the first menu. I also show clicking the FSX menu bar Add-On to get the FSUIPC selection up for FSUIPC settings. (Don't do this with RC running.)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tg7e1ncan31597z/FSX%20parked%20B738%20with%20RC%20first%20menu%20-%20Add-Ons%20Selection.jpg?dl=0

That is what you should get.

I use FSX Steam Edition for testing so you might have a slightly different FSX display.

I think I’m beginning to see what my problem is. I think it’s an FSUIPC issue. I know that RCv4 provides a copy of the latest FSUIPC, and is supposed to install it in FSX on installation.  I do have a bunch of stuff in the Modules folder related to FSUIPC but not FSUIPC.exe.

I think that RC is also supposed to make a new pull-down menu in FSX called “add-ons.” Under that menu you will see FSUIPC, and upon clicking on it you will get the screen shown on page 34 of the manual. In that window you can set up the multiline display, which I have so far been unable to locate. I don’t have an add-ons pull-down menu, thus I can’t get to the screen shown on page 34. Should I reinstall RCv4? Do I have a bad copy of RCv4? Any and all suggestions welcomed.

Bob

Bob,

You need to update to the latest version of fsuipc.dll. Follow the link on the pinned topic above to Pete Dowson's website for it. Incidentally, it's not an exe. It's a dll. After placing the latest version in the FSX\modules folder and starting FSX you will be prompted to trust the dll. Do so.

Come back once you've done that and tell us if you're sorted.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

RC installs an older version of FSUIPC4 and may overwrite a newer version. After RC is installed and you get your key, download the full version FSUIPC4 from either the pinned link or from the link I provided which also may have an "update to the update". The full install gives you a zip with an FSUIPC,exe installer file in it plus documentation for it. An interim filer gives you the .dll in the zip to directly put it in your modules folder.

With only FSX running after FSUIPC is installed with fsuipc.dll and some other fsuipc files in your modules folder, be sure FS is not in full screen mode. Then when you click ADD-ONS in the FSX menu bar, you'll see FSUIPC . . . to click on to bring it up for setup. In the screen shot I provided I just for illustration showed what you get when you click the Add-Ons in the FSX menu. RC sdhould not be started when you do that. When RC is loaded you'll get the RC main screen I showed over your FSX view. After your RC is set up with your plan and aircraft type and you click start, the RC window will be transparent over your FSX view as show in the example. You do not need top click Add-Ons/FSUIPC at all. That is just for FSUIPC setup.

Sorry for the confusion but I was running out of time when I was making and uploading the screen shots for you.