Sign in to follow this  
Airwolf05

Installing 737NGX into FSX Steam

I find it terribly difficult to find a way to contact PMDG support with a ticket but just can't find it.

It's linked multiple times from our main site. It's literally the first result if you search "PMDG Support" on Google. If you manage to find the forum, then I wouldn't call making it to http://support.precisionmanuals.com/Main/Default.aspx that difficult.

All this might very well end up with me having a product boxed and ready for burial. Then purchase same from PMDG in order to get an update. What a farce!

Who said that's what was required? We surely didn't. I'd ask that you avoid casting aspersions before you fully understand what's going on.

Kyle Rodgers

I'd ask that you avoid casting aspersions before you fully understand what's going on.
Good use of that word, sir!

I seem to be picked on here. What I said in my last comment was my own version of what it might turn out to be. But if as you state I never mentioned anything about what was required, I don't think I ever mentioned that word for word...anywhere. No doubt you will find it and quote it back to me. You see the thing is this, all that I've said here is from what I've gathered with my searches.

Don't victimize me...please.

Don't victimize me...please.

That wasn't my intention. However, as innocent as your post might be, someone could mistake what you'd written and assume that's what was required. Regardless of the hypothetical, ending with "what a farce" wasn't going to garner much positive attention.

It wasn't started off with the assertion that it's difficult to get to support, either. The site is pretty easy to get to and we have multiple guys working that queue at different times of day, so it shouldn't be difficult to get a response, either.

Kyle Rodgers

Of course it wasn't difficult to find, it was just that I wasn't looking hard enough. Now I have found it and sent a ticket yesterday of which I got a reply early this morning.

Why do I have to explain my thoughts and actions to everything I say to you? "What a farce" was in relation to what I was up against. Not knowing what to do with a product I purchased and not knowing whether it was viable to get updates for same product once released. Putting a good unused product aside and repurchasing everything from Base to updated 600/700 from PMDG, so I could make it valid to acquire updates from where I purchased seemed the best thing to do in the circumstances. That was the only reason why I labeled what I had to do a farce.

If you want to know what PMDGs reply was, you'll have to....

I know this is an old topic, but. was sp1c supposed to let me install the 737 in FSX:SE and FSX or only one or the other? I've messed with the install trying to get it into both versions of FSX with no success. I am ok with just installing it in Steam, but, thus far I am still stuck with it being an FSX only install. Any tips would be appreciated!

SP1C came out in 2012. Long before Steam was a glint in anyone's eyeballs.

SP1D will be the install that will let one install to Steam, and it's not out yet.

Just to clarify, (since I also *just* bought the 737NGX from Aerosoft):

- We register the product at PMDG, create an acct. etc.

- Whenever the update is out, we will be able to log in and download the update

More or less?

Hi,

Sorry to "wake up" such an old theme, but I am facing problems with PMDG 737NGX for FSX:SE. Purchased the product from Aerosoft, followed the installation procedure using simconnect, but... installation crashes after some time. Most of the situations are related to controls lost, stop operating, black screens, etc. Made some Google research and it seams that recent update for the installer 1d will be the proper solution. The question here is how to get it? This is not a product purchased directly from PMDG and they refuse registering it, which unfortunately is logical.

Any ideas?

he question here is how to get it? This is not a product purchased directly from PMDG and they refuse registering it, which unfortunately is logical.

Why would  it be logical since  if  i bought  some  thing  from  x   and  than went  to y   and  ask  to  update  it, what  would  would  the answer  be,  go  to x.    So  the  answer  is   you need  to go  to  aerosoft with your  details  of  purchase  and  there  is  a update   page   where   you can fill in the details   and  be  presented with the download . You  need  to uninstall the previous  version  of  your  ngx  and  than install   the  sp1d  since it  is  a full install exe.  

You need  to place  your  full name  to your  posts as per the forum  rules

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Dear Mr. Kelberg,

Please let me strongly disagree with your statements above. Subject forum, at least as per my knowledge, is a place where users of PMDG software can share their opinions and look for support, if needed. Its really a pity if you are a member of PMDG team to make such statements that I have to contact the seller and so on. I can agree that if i have a dispute with Aerosoft it has to be sorted between me and them, however what is wrong if I ask support from the OPM (Original Program Manufacturer)? Do you think that I will waste the time  of the audience here and my own time, if my needs were satisfied?

One more thing, your statement "you need  to go  to  aerosoft with your  details  of  purchase  and  there  is  a update   page   where   you can fill in the details   and  be  presented with the download . You  need  to uninstall the previous  version  of  your  ngx  and  than install   the  sp1d  since it  is  a full install exe" is very good, if it was true. Unfortunately the end result is rotating in circle between registrations, re-registrations, again registrations, etc...

Have a good day anyhow!

Please let me strongly disagree with your statements above

nothing  wrong  with my statments

1   you need  to sign  your  name  to each  post     fact   check  the forum  rules

2    i  gave  you the answer  on how  to update   your  ngx  to sp1d  if  you  dont  want  to follow it  fine,   you will get  the  same  answer   from pmdg  fact

3   if  you dont  like  the answer  i gave  than  submit  a support  ticket  with  pmdg  and  they will give  you the  same  answer

Also  i  find  it  strange  that you had  stated  that pmdg refused  to register  it,  find  this  quite  amusing  i wonder  why?

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Hi Peter,

Please note that I am not willing to argue at all just for the sake of arguing. Unfortunately I am too upset from what happens when a product duly purchased does not meet your expectations and creates more troubles then fun.

Anyhow, I had followed the procedure, which you described with no success. The website (Aerosoft support) does not accept my key number, than sends me for registration, than again says that key needed, etc., etc. I filed a ticket and got automated reply only. It may take some time, let's see.

PMDG cannot register my product and I am not blaming them for that. The SIM was not purchased from their store and they may wish to give advises only. I do not know what are the exact business relations between Aerosoft and PMDG, but obviously they have different purchasing systems and maybe some changes were made in the software also. You can observe some price difference also.

The only option here seems to be waiting for unknown time till Aerosoft decides to answer...

The website (Aerosoft support) does not accept my key number, than sends me for registration, than again says that key needed, etc., etc. I filed a ticket and got automated reply only. It may take some time, let's see.

Hope  that  you get  it  sorted   usually  they  are quite  timely   in  replying   so  check  your  spam folder  just in case  if  you miss  the reply.    did  you copy  the correct  serial number  in   by  copying  and  pasting   dont  know  how  many users  have  type  the wrong  serial number  down

Peter kelberg