Sign in to follow this  
Citationlover

Repaint? I would be so very thankful

Hello, I would be so grateful, so so so grateful if one of you wonderful people could do a repaint of the Careando citation s550. I would love the one of G-SPUR (The repaint only i do not want any reg on it or any writing just the paint) Or anything like that??

I love the paint on G-FJET

Guest BeaverDriver

Anyone who can figure out that mess of panels and parts in this aircraft has my undying admiration. I'm absolutely, 100% convinced that Carenado does not WANT their airplanes to be repainted. It's one thing to minimize things for friendlier frame rates, but this carries it to extremes. Would love to do some repaints myself, but there is zero chance after seeing these. That's a shame.

Although I am a real novice with a paintbrush, I am working on the Navy T-47A. I have a ways to go with the Carenado paint scheme. No reverse images though. Took me half the day just to paint a crooked stripe. 5 matched line for the one stripe - on each side no less.

Regards,

Ray

T-47A-training.JPG

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Looks good Ray!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

i would never be able to do that,  very nice job

Although I am a real novice with a paintbrush, I am working on the Navy T-47A. I have a ways to go with the Carenado paint scheme. No reverse images though. Took me half the day just to paint a crooked stripe. 5 matched line for the one stripe - on each side no less.

Regards,

Fantastic Ray! I cant get get a line on it, very hard. It looks great!

Very slow going. Thanks.

Regards,

Ray

T-47A iw.JPG

Ray,  Very nice paint.  Will be after you to find out were to get it if I purchase the Citation.  I have a number of Carenado's aircraft an do like the quality.  The last few however (B1900, B200 and PC12) have been a slight disappointment.  I worked many bugs out of the PC12 with Carenado and then did all of Bert's MODs. I am not a big fan of the FMS.  I like the GNS530 better for flying.  I purchased RealityXP and have it in all my aircraft. Don't use the FMS on the 1900 at all and have not troubles with it.

Still on the fence about purchasing the Citation.  Still reading the forums all the time and when things get fixed up I might get it.  Not sure in my mind all the bugs does not warrant a $45.00 price tag.

Thanks for listening to my rants. Very nice paint for sure.

Dick

I worked most of the day just to make the stripe thicker or heavier and clean up the Training logo. I had to totally rework the nose. This is like giving yourself a root canal and can only use tools found in a Muffler Repair shop and you have to stand on your head and do everything in a mirror that was thrown out by a circus.

Ray

T-47A-inwork.JPG