Sign in to follow this  
Irishcurse

Undocking and resizing 2D panels

Just got this program after friends recommended it and someone posted just today where to get it now. So far it has made my sim so much better. Only issue I have run into that I haven't seen anything in the manual about is undocking and resizing 2D panels. On all my aircraft (payware) I undock the FMC/CDU and move it to 1 of my 3 monitors. I then resize it. When I do this now it goes black and the FPS drop drastically and the windows 7 spinning thing appears and also blinks. The work around now is I don't resize it or move it. if it can't be resolved I can live with it but wondering if anyone has had this or is a aware of a fix or something I did wrong. Thank You.

Richie Walsh

Best to download and read the community How To Guide for this

www.nzfsim.org/index.php?dsp=dload&fname=DX10_HowTo.pdf

You right click somewhere as I recall

From that PDF..

I just tested the process and it works. B)

Resizing dragged Panels

The next multi-monitor issue is with dragging panels onto the second monitor, with any attempt to
resize the panel resulting in a continuously flickering cursor.

Most people use the larger monitor for their flying, and a smaller one for housing an FMC or GPS, for
example - and the panel, once moved, needs to be resized. Unfortunately - after it’s resized - you will
then encounter the dreaded “busy mouse cursor”. To fix this, simply right-click inside the new panel.
It will then return to normal operation and appearance.

Note: rather than manually resizing a panel each time one can also change its size in the panel.cfg, so
that it pops up already at the right size.