Sign in to follow this  
ROBINJAMES

FSX-GOLD

Hi All,

Well after many years with FS9 I finally decided to take the plunge and update my system to accommodate FSX, now she's purring like a warm Ferrari and ready to go..But..I had awful problems finding a copy of FSX gold, eventually I ordered one from a friend Australia, 5 weeks later it arrived, yesterday in fact, BUT after an evening of frustrations I find that disc #1 is corrupt and can't be used!!. there's NO way I'm prepared to return it..at that rate it will be summer before I start an engine!!.

So this is a plea to anyone here who could maybe help me out with either a spare copy of FSX gold or a source in North America where I could buy one, It occurred to me that maybe some of you guys had gone over to the ..alternative sims out there. of course I have a valid legal reg key, in fact at a push I only need disc one(1). 

I had considered FSX-SE but I live in the North of Newfoundland and our internet is somewhat...lacking lol.

I'm happy to pay a fair price and of course full shipping costs. PM me please if you could help.

Thanks

Robin.

Be quick my friend.  It looks like they're going fast.

Here's a source from Toronto, Canada... http://www.thresholdaviation.com/products/Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-X-Deluxe-Edition.html

From their product description lol...  LIMITED STOCK ON HAND - LAST FEW PIECES OF THE BOXED EDITION ON THE PLANET!

I normally shop there in person and they used to have many copies of Gold, but it looks like they're all gone and they only have Deluxe now.  Anyways, you already have Gold, so you only need the first disc from a new copy.

Or you can just get it off Steam for a few bucks...

EDIT: Never mind  :lol:! But you should really consider getting it from Steam.  Unlimited installs and the convenience of always knowing you can't lose it. By the time it gets delivered, it probably would be done downloading.

Doesn't the boxed copy allow unlimited installs too?  I've installed my copy of Gold a zillion times.  I do remember long time ago I had to do something because I was installing too often in a short period of time, but that was only once.

Well, yeah. But my main point is that having games on Steam is so convenient just because of the simple fact that you can't "lose" it. I've had to buy FS9 at least 3 times (before I bought FSX) because I either lost it or I was clumsy enough to lose it  :lol:

Ah got it.  I've never used steam but I'm guessing you could always re-download if you lose the download copy like in payware sites.

Now I'm thinking I should buy a second copy of FS9 as backup lol.

Thanks guys,

Yes steam is convenient for the average user, by which I mean, most of the population who have basically unlimited internet services, here on the North of the island we have no such luxuries, but as they say: "what you've never had you never miss"!, we manage quite nicely really, there's no cell coverage up here either, people still talk to each other "face to face" lol.

When I'm out fishing on my boat in the summer, I have two (2) VHF radios just in case, how about that for technology?.

Groovin, yes I hadn't thought about that, a copy of deluxe would do the job too.      

Oooohhh. So you have a limit on how much data you can use where you live? And you don't have cell reception. Dang. I don't know how you live  :P. Last year, I went on this trip my school has. About 30 of us worked on a farm for charity (for free) for a week. They took away all our technology for the whole trip. All of us were like "The struggle is real!" We managed of course!

Anyway, besides the one that Maurice showed, can't you get one off Amazon or Ebay? Or will they not ship there? I'm pretty sure there are other vendors from Canada. 56 bucks seems like a lot for a 10 year old game...

EDIT: Or not.... the cheapest USED one I found was on Amazon for $80  :blink:. 

Exactly!!! lol.. that's why I decided to ask here, I have complained to Amazon that they shouldn't allow sharks to rip customers off..but oh well!!.

Oh man, if I knew ahead of time, I probably would have purchased half a dozen copies and hold on to them until the price becomes outrageous.

Reminds me of the people who held on to never used, old stocks of vacuum tubes.  Audiophiles and guitar players pay a fortune for them today.

We have plenty copies here in Cape Town for the equivilant of $25.00!

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond...