Sign in to follow this  
shoobee

GPS

Please tell me how I can couple the GPS to the auto pilot in FSX? And how do I enter a flight plan into the GPS from FSX?

Thanks

Have you looked through the FSX Learning Center inside of the Sim?

LearningCenter76612.jpg

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

I assume you're talking about default gps. Flight plans created in the flight planner are automatically loaded into GPS when you start the flight. There is no way to enter a flight plan into it manually, it only accepts direct-to plans.

To have the autopilot follow GPS there is a NAV switch in default planes that allows to switch between NAV and GPS. The language is kind of a confusing misnomer since they are both nav sources, but "Nav" is radio sourced VORs and LOCs as opposed to gps which is satellite sourced. The actual Garmin units do not have a "nav" source it is either VLOC or GPS. Anyway, once you are on GPS mode engaging "nav" on the autopilot tells the aircraft to follow its nav source, whether it be radio-based or GPS.

How could I have the selected course that I'm flying pointed at 12 o'clockon the screen?

It is fully described in the Learning Center. I suggest you read it. It would be silly for me or anyone else to retype the information for you to read here, when it is already on your computer...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

It is fully described in the Learning Center. I suggest you read it. It would be silly for me or anyone else to retype the information for you to read here, when it is already on your computer...

Agreed, 100%.

BTW, you can read the Learning Center without starting the sim.

Go to ...\FSX\Uires and double click on lc01.htm and the Learning Center will open in your default Web Browser.

You can also right click on it and Send to > Desktop (create shortcut) to have a shortcut to it on your Desktop.

Lots of great stuff in there.

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif