Sign in to follow this  
Groovin_DC-10

Zinertek HD Airport Graphics Update

Hey folks,

So I received an email from simmarket notifying me of an update to Zinertek HD Airport Graphics.  Anybody else get the updated version?  I'm curious to know what they changed/updated.  They didn't mention what changes were made.

I'm going to be a little busy and probably won't have time to update until next week.  I just want to fly this week whenever I get the time and not worry about updating programs.

Any info greatly appreciated.

I'm planning to purchase HD Airport Graphics now, so I'm more interested now what is updated.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

I'm planning to purchase HD Airport Graphics now, so I'm more interested now what is updated.

I think you'll enjoy it a lot.  I remember your post about ditching all payware airports.  I did just that recently for DX10.  Airport vehicles have new textures too and I have them maxed out.  Can't say I miss the payware stuff.  Sure, they're better, but the Zinertek makes default airports so much better.

I think you'll enjoy it a lot.  I remember your post about ditching all payware airports.  I did just that recently for DX10.  Airport vehicles have new textures too and I have them maxed out.  Can't say I miss the payware stuff.  Sure, they're better, but the Zinertek makes default airports so much better.

would I benefit from this addon if I use updated AFCADS from people like Ray Smith?

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

How is the improvement on smaller GA airports/fields with this addon? Most screens I've seen are large terminals and jetways etc. Wonder if there's any reason to buy this if you're not a tubeliner guy? And does it improve the rather nasty default green grass squares surrounding default airports?

would I benefit from this addon if I use updated AFCADS from people like Ray Smith?

You will benefit. AFCAD updates don't affect default airport buildings and textures.

How is the improvement on smaller GA airports/fields with this addon? Most screens I've seen are large terminals and jetways etc. Wonder if there's any reason to buy this if you're not a tubeliner guy? And does it improve the rather nasty default green grass squares surrounding default airports?

Smaller GA fields are using the same textures as major airports. For example I saw most used terminal building windows texture at bunch of GA airports buildings.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

This is one add-on that is really worth it, in my opinion.  It will affect just about every airport in the world -- except any add-ons you may have.  I have zero add-on airports and fly only to default or lightly modified default airports.  (For performance reasons, mostly.  The debates and angst over VAS are alien to me.  I've never had that issue.) 

This makes everything so much better looking with not much real impact I can detect.

This release fixes the one thing that bothered me the most:  the shimmering taxi lines.  Nice, free update.

Good stuff.  I recommend it.

Dutch

Charles "Dutch" Owen - Developer at Military Visualizations - currently working on the C310R and SR-71A project for MSFS.

How does the Zinertek product affect REX and Orbx textures?

Ernest Pergrem

You will benefit. AFCAD updates don't affect default airport buildings and textures.

Hi Pe11e,

One thing about addon airports is that they normally correct outdated airport information. I understand that that can be installed with an AFCAD. Now I am one of the unwashed when it comes to this  :huh: If I were to forget about my payware airports and install the Zinertek product, would I be able to use something like ADE to correct runway headings, etc? If so, are there tutorials. I'd like to learn and strive. But I don't want to make an idiot out of myself....any more than I usually do. Thanks. 

If you guys check out some of the night textures, they look fantastic.  Better than some of payware stuff. 

This release fixes the one thing that bothered me the most:  the shimmering taxi lines.  Nice, free update.

That's great to hear.  I noticed extra shimmer on the taxi lines but didn't really think much of it because I don't use any AA.  However, I did notice the shimmer was worse than default or REX.

How does the Zinertek product affect REX and Orbx textures?

I don't think it will affect them as it only replaces airport textures.

Hi Pe11e,

One thing about addon airports is that they normally correct outdated airport information. I understand that that can be installed with an AFCAD. Now I am one of the unwashed when it comes to this  :huh: If I were to forget about my payware airports and install the Zinertek product, would I be able to use something like ADE to correct runway headings, etc? If so, are there tutorials. I'd like to learn and strive. But I don't want to make an idiot out of myself....any more than I usually do. Thanks. 

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the way I see it is that whatever you were able to do with any program on the default airports, you should be able to do it after installing Zinertek because it's only a texture replacement.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the way I see it is that whatever you were able to do with any program on the default airports, you should be able to do it after installing Zinertek because it's only a texture replacement.

Thanks Maurice,

I am trying to get some access to airport design tutorials so that I can update airports I use most often. Thanks for the heads up in Zinertek.

This will replace REX textures for Runways and taxiways. If you like those over the the Zen ones, just reinstall the rex ones.

Zen works for the entire FSX world, but will have zero effect on payware airports, or freeware airports with custom buildings. Anything that uses standard FSX buildings and vehicles will get a remarkable upgrade with zero fps hit.

Its a very cheap upgrade to your FSX world, and you absolutely will not regret it.

Ok I couldn't resist the hype anymore and bought it. Looking forward to see the improvements of the small-medium sized airports I usually visit. Having followed the thread about ditching heavy addon airports I'm now moving in that direction myself and mainly using default airports and the excellent freeware airport packages from ORBX (with 50+ vastly improved airports already only in Europe, and counting).