Sign in to follow this  
Groovin_DC-10

Zinertek HD Airport Graphics Update

You won't see any logos on garage doors or hangar logos

Hi thanks for the info - the reflection map seems a bit over the top and can be over ridden by rex but I dont think its like this in a vanilla sim as it was not like that before looks like a bunch of trees on the runways or something like that - would like to know which file it is so I can look at it - i could not find which one is doing it - thanks - now time to shovel 5ft of snow at 8:00pm oh man 

Rich Sennett

Hi thanks for the info - the reflection map seems a bit over the top and can be over ridden by rex but I dont think its like this in a vanilla sim as it was not like that before looks like a bunch of trees on the runways or something like that - would like to know which file it is so I can look at it - i could not find which one is doing it - thanks - now time to shovel 5ft of snow at 8:00pm oh man 

Like I said in the previous post, our product does not modify the wet reflection effect in any way so perhaps the reflection you see comes from REX.

As for which file, I believe it's  GLOBALENVTEST.DDS which is found in your main FSX\Texture folder.

So, if you have REX4-Texture Direct, you would unclick everything under "Runway/Taxiway" and "Airports?"  Is the general consensus that the Zinertek textures look better?  I was under the impression that the REX textures had many more variations that could be installed based upon the weather conditions?

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

So, if you have REX4-Texture Direct, you would unclick everything under "Runway/Taxiway" and "Airports?"  Is the general consensus that the Zinertek textures look better?  I was under the impression that the REX textures had many more variations that could be installed based upon the weather conditions?

Our product overwrites REX's ground textures and vice versa. If you still prefer to use the ground textures from REX you can do so as our product will still provide new airport buildings, terminals, jetways, hangars and control towers.

Update: we were hoping to release version 3.0 today but we are going to take a bit longer as we are now doing additional testing on the newly released Prepar3D V2.5. 

Thank you all for your patience and we hope to have this update ready for download within the next few days. 

Great to know 2.5 capability appreciated - 2.0 does work in 2.5 no problem with installer I checked

Rich Sennett

Update: we were hoping to release version 3.0 today but we are going to take a bit longer as we are now doing additional testing on the newly released Prepar3D V2.5. 

Thank you all for your patience and we hope to have this update ready for download within the next few days. 

Thanks, This product and Natural Tree Environment X both add a lot to the immersion in P3d. They also don't seem to have much impact on performance.

Thanks, This product and Natural Tree Environment X both add a lot to the immersion in P3d. They also don't seem to have much impact on performance.

I also have have tree product - very nice

Rich Sennett

This is just my take. I was using REX airport textures. There's an awful lot you can do with them. What I found was I kept mixing and matching and finally my senses got overloaded. The Zinertek texture looks like asphalt. That's what I'm after. I wouldn't take the time to change airport textures based on the age of the airport, etc. I do prefer having options for lights though.

Our product overwrites REX's ground textures and vice versa. If you still prefer to use the ground textures from REX you can do so as our product will still provide new airport buildings, terminals, jetways, hangars and control towers.

Perhaps you don't want to give away secrets, but will the next version allow the user to decide the texture resolution?

Thanks.

No problem! Glad you are enjoying our products :)

Perhaps you don't want to give away secrets, but will the next version allow the user to decide the texture resolution?

Thanks.

Yes, the installer will give an option to to decide the texture quality.

Update: So far so good with our testing in P3D v2.5. We are doing some final adjustments and we are on track to release version 3.0 this Friday. 

I will post another update here in the forums once version 3.0 is available for download.

Great news - thanks for update - any future products you may have in the works you can talk about ?

Rich Sennett

Great news - thanks for update - any future products you may have in the works you can talk about ?

Due to several requests, we will release a version of HD Airport Graphics for FS9 down the road.

We are also starting work on a new product but I'm afraid I can't disclose what it is yet. We will announce it in due time. Thanks for understanding :)

I am considering this product but have a few questions. Is the jetways in your screenshots what is replaced at every default airport?Will future versions have an option for other choices, such as a traditional white jetway in HD? love the building textures, but the jetways just look too futuristic to me, and white jetways are the most common look. If the FSX jetways had a HD white upgrade I'd be in.

Update:

Version 3.0 of HD Graphics has been completed. Today we sent the new installer to all vendors and we hope the stores to have the new installer available for download within the next 24-48 hours.

That being said, I just got word from Simmarket that the installer is live and ready for download. 

Tomorrow we will be updating our website showing new screenshots of version 3.0

New in version 3.0:

-New and more detailed terminals
-New and more detailed runways
-New jetways
-More detailed hangars
-Improved night lighting
-Plus the original features of the first two versions
-Option to install textures in high definition or standard definition

In the meantime, here are couple of screenshots:

Prev1.jpg

Prev2.jpg

I am considering this product but have a few questions. Is the jetways in your screenshots what is replaced at every default airport?Will future versions have an option for other choices, such as a traditional white jetway in HD? love the building textures, but the jetways just look too futuristic to me, and white jetways are the most common look. If the FSX jetways had a HD white upgrade I'd be in.

Yes, our product replaces the jetways at all default airports.

As you can see in the first screenshot, in version 3.0 the jetways look a bit more gray and not as white as the previous version.

Update:

Version 3.0 of HD Graphics has been completed. Today we sent the new installer to all vendors and we hope the stores to have the new installer available for download within the next 24-48 hours.

That being said, I just got word from Simmarket that the installer is live and ready for download. 

Tomorrow we will be updating our website showing new screenshots of version 3.0

New in version 3.0:

-New and more detailed terminals
-New and more detailed runways
-New jetways
-More detailed hangars
-Improved night lighting
-Plus the original features of the first two versions
-Option to install textures in high definition or standard definition

In the meantime, here are couple of screenshots:

Prev1.jpg

Prev2.jpg

Yes, our product replaces the jetways at all default airports.

As you can see in the first screenshot, in version 3.0 the jetways look a bit more gray and not as white as the previous version.

:im Not Worthy:  :yahoo:  :clapping: thanks