Sign in to follow this  
Groovin_DC-10

Zinertek HD Airport Graphics Update

No, a replacement runway_bump.bmp is the cause of the reflective/glossy runways.

i just installed rex soft clouds and it caused the glossy runways, before install it was ok.....strange.

Zinetek,

Can you update the serial code from 3 fields to 1 field in your installer?  Since I use "cut and paste" to enter the serial code, it will make it more user friendly.   Currently I had to "cut and paste" 3 times.

jimmy

Here's a tip: Highlight and copy (CTRL+C) your registration key BEFORE opening the install program. If you did this correctly, your registration key will automatically be filled in for you when you get to the registration part. At that point all you have to do is enter your name in order to continue with the installation.

Great news! I love this product, its a definite permanent install on my system. Thanks!! 

No problem! Glad you are enjoying our product :)

Maybe I missed it --- but should you change your Max Texture Load to 2048 from 1024?

With many add-ons nowadays using higher resolutions, ideally, you should set your max texture load to 2048 or 4096.  

Wow!  I've been so busy and just saw the email on the update.  I checked out the screens of the new version on simmarket and they look fantastic.  The new night lighting is beautiful.

I can't wait to try the new one. 

Thank you Zinertek for always making high quality products!

Hi guys

Just downloaded ver 3 and I am getting this error message "HD Airport Graphics\Uninstall .exe: This file contains invalid data. (error 11FD).

Any help greatly appreciated.

John

Hi guys

Just downloaded ver 3 and I am getting this error message "HD Airport Graphics\Uninstall .exe: This file contains invalid data. (error 11FD).

Any help greatly appreciated.

John

Disregard

I downloaded with a different browser and all is fine now thanks.

John

Wow!  I've been so busy and just saw the email on the update.  I checked out the screens of the new version on simmarket and they look fantastic.  The new night lighting is beautiful.

I can't wait to try the new one. 

Thank you Zinertek for always making high quality products!

You are welcome! I'm glad to know that you are enjoying our product :-)

Update: Simmarket, FS Pilot Shop and PC Aviator have confirmed that they have the installer for version 3.0 ready for download.

We are still waiting to hear from the FlightSim Store and Simware Simulations.

I have one question: Some large airports in FSX/Prepar3d are already "enhanced" by default (e.g. KJFK, EDDF, ...). Will HD Airport Graphics further enhance those airports as well? I'm asking because I mainly fly to the large airports with the PMDG 777 so that HD Airport Graphics would be useless to me if it doesn't improve those airports. Somewhere I read that since those default enhanced airports use custom buildings, that HD Airport Graphics will not add something to them. But maybe this was just false information. Would love to hear some input on this from those who have already purchased the product.

Thanks!

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

I have one question: Some large airports in FSX/Prepar3d are already "enhanced" by default (e.g. KJFK, EDDF, ...). Will HD Airport Graphics further enhance those airports as well? I'm asking because I mainly fly to the large airports with the PMDG 777 so that HD Airport Graphics would be useless to me if it doesn't improve those airports. Somewhere I read that since those default enhanced airports use custom buildings, that HD Airport Graphics will not add something to them. But maybe this was just false information. Would love to hear some input on this from those who have already purchased the product.

Thanks!

Hi Carlo,

when it comes to the big airports such as KJFK, EDDF, LFPG, etc, our product does enhance them except for the terminals. This is because each of these airports have their own custom textures for terminals and hangars modeled after their real life counterparts. It would have been a big task for us to also model these airports with their specific terminals and hangars seeing as how there are so many of them.

That being said, in those big airports you will still get to see new airport vehicles, jetways, taxiways, taxiway signs, taxiway lines, asphalt/concrete textures, parking spaces, and runways.

Has anyone made use of this product alongside taxisigns HD from Flightsimtools? Do you lose the 3d taxiway signs, concrete bases and night ground illumination when you install Zinertek Airport Graphics HD over the top? 

Finally I bought it. I'm really impressed. Especially when combining it with modified AFCAD files which can be found here in the library, it looks awesome. Even though with modified AFCADs the building textures are often not the ones from Zinertek, all the other textures, taxiway markings, vehicles, etc. are still used. Especially the taxiway and runway textures from Zinertek look so much better than the ones from REX4 (in my opinion). From my point of view, it is definitely worth it. Like it a lot!

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Finally I bought it. I'm really impressed. Especially when combining it with modified AFCAD files which can be found here in 

Nice - glad your enjoying it

Rich Sennett

I use ActiveSky 2012 for environment options loading.  If I load HD Airports what items should I turn off in ActiveSky 2012 so I don't override HD Airports settings.  I can turn off:

Lights and sounds Options:

Runway lights

aircraft strobe

spotlight

cockpit precipitation

External Precipitation sounds

Thunder sounds

Lighting and Flare Options:

Lighting

Lense Flare

Airport Textures Options:

Asphalt Rwy Surface

Asphalt Rwy Details

Asphalt Rwy Winter

Concrete Rwy Surface

Concrete Rwy Details

Concrete Rwy Winter

Runway Markings

Surface Reflections

Asphalt Taxiway

Concrete taxiway

Taxiway Markings

Airport  Signs

Parking

Thank you...

Bill

I use ActiveSky 2012 for environment options loading.  If I load HD Airports what items should I turn off in ActiveSky 2012 so I don't override HD Airports settings.  I can turn off:

These below Bill:

Also if you dont like the over the top wet runways reflection after loading Zinertek just re-load AS 2012 (Surface Reflections option) to over write the Zinertek reflections

Airport Textures Options:

Asphalt Rwy Surface

Asphalt Rwy Details

Asphalt Rwy Winter

Concrete Rwy Surface

Concrete Rwy Details

Concrete Rwy Winter

Runway Markings

Surface Reflections

Asphalt Taxiway

Concrete taxiway

Taxiway Markings

Airport  Signs

Parking

Rich Sennett

Richard, I have ASN, how can I get rid of the over the top reflections. I landed at Hurghada in the Egyptian desert after some light rain, all I could see were reflections of pine forest!! I do have Rex With Overdrive installed.