Sign in to follow this  
lcdtmd

What Would be Your Next Old School Aircraft for P3Dv2?

Somone Sugested a Beech 18 - How about a Volpar Turbo Beech - a Work Horse in Vietnam - and South East Asia - With " Air Ameria " - A Really Great AirPlane  :BigGrin::dirol:

Johnman

I would splurge for a true dx11 Boeing-Stearman 75.

Jazz

The Boeing 314 would be very cool.  Imagine tracing the Pan Am route from San Fran to Hawaii! There are so many that I would like to see; kid in a candy store.........

Would be nice if Flight Sim Labs made a ConcordeX installer for P3D.  I don't think that is available yet.

Agree Mark, I would buy it in a heartbeat.

Oh, Concorde X ... yes, another vote.

On a related topic, I wonder if anyone has actually designed (from scratch) an aircraft using P3D SDK FIRST, rather than doing it for FSX then making it work for P3D?

I would love to see a true native P3D exclusive aircraft that isn't compromised by what works in FSX.  Pretty sure no one has done one yet ... all seem to start with FSX.  I understand why, market share, but I keep hoping someone will take the risk and do a P3D exclusive just to really show off what the platform can do.  There are definitely difference in textures and modeling for P3D that are NOT the same as FSX ... even more so if one takes into account HDR.

At this point it's just a dream, but maybe some day a 3rd party dev team will take the plunge.

Cheers, Rob.

On the military side of things...

I'd like a try a high quality U-2 or SR-71.  For something really different, an X-15 would be interesting... good for short flights and landing practice. (for modern stuff, I'd still like a good C-17 Globemaster or C-130 Hercules... but that's for another thread).

I would love to see a true native P3D exclusive aircraft that isn't compromised by what works in FSX.

Agree, and I'd imagine that will happen in the next couple of years as the pendulum of users continues to swing to P3D.

The Boeing 314 would be very cool.  Imagine tracing the Pan Am route from San Fran to Hawaii! There are so many that I would like to see; kid in a candy store.........

Buddy and I flew the PanAm flying boat Pacific routes in FSX.  San Fran-Honolulu-Midway-Wake-Guam-Manila-Hong Kong.

Also Honolulu-Kingman Reef(also Canton Is)-Pago Pago-Auckland.  The navigation was "interesting". :-)

FaxCap

I'd like:

DC-10-30(B-Cal)/MD-10(FedEx)

L1011(BA)

Trident(BA)

727(Libyan Arab Airlines)

Tu-154m(Aeroflot)

I've a thing for 2-holers!

On the military side of things...

I'd like a try a high quality U-2 or SR-71.  For something really different, an X-15 would be interesting... good for short flights and landing practice. (for modern stuff, I'd still like a good C-17 Globemaster or C-130 Hercules... but that's for another thread).

Agree, and I'd imagine that will happen in the next couple of years as the pendulum of users continues to swing to P3D.

Funnily enough, the X15 has just been released, and it looks very interesting.

Funnily enough, the X15 has just been released, and it looks very interesting.

Really?! By who?