Sign in to follow this  
lcdtmd

What Would be Your Next Old School Aircraft for P3Dv2?

I'm just curious what other members choices would be for the next Old School Aircraft in P3Dv2.++?  I'm thinking pre-1980, but use your own discretion, no strict guidelines here.

I can tell you that my current choice is already in production, PMDG's DC-6.

The DC-6 is very closely followed by the Lockheed C-130 Hercules.  At the time of it's first flight in 1954, an amazing aircraft.  2015, an amazing aircraft.  I sure I'm not alone in stating that a HIGH quality C-130 would be a dream for many of us.

And the rest of you would like to see??? Have fun at it.

FYI, I was born in 1955, just a little insight into my perspective.

I would actually LOVE to see the A2A Stratocruiser available on P3D, it is a work of art.

I would actually LOVE to see the A2A Stratocruiser available on P3D, it is a work of art.

Mine works fine in P3D - installed using the Estonian Migration Tool with no problems.

Me, I'm waiting for Jan Visser to finish his vintage VC for Manfred Jahn's C-47 - that'll make it a complete experience.  Also waiting for Manfred's upcoming C-97, speaking of Stratocruisers...

If A2A comes through with their rumored Accu-sim AT-6, that'll work for me too.  

Me too!!  DC-7 would be nice also.

Cheers, Rob

EDIT: 727 also

A Lockheed L-188 Electra or Convair 580.

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

How about a Convair 880M - In " Civil Air Transport " Livery - Cathay Pacific - JAL - Delta - TWA !! Gorgeous Aircraft !!

Johnman

a HIGH quality C-130

Captain Sim's version not good enough for you?

If GA ... the Victa Airtourer published by ORBX is a real gem.

Captain Sim's version not good enough for you? (Referring to the C-130)

If GA ... the Victa Airtourer published by ORBX is a real gem.

Captain Sim's version is a nice plane, but could use a little updating.  A dedicated P3Dv2 version/installer would be nice too.  I had it loaded into my previous install of P3Dv2, but I don't have it in my current re-install of P3Dv2.  I can't remember what they were, but there were a couple of glitches in P3Dv2.  BTW, I used the EMT for the previous install.

Another plane I would add to my list would be MAAM sim's B-25J Briefing Time.  I lot of fun to fly.

Commercial aircraft: Convair 580 Propjet, DC-3(to the standard of A2A)

Military aircraft: JU-52, Martin B-26, JU-88, Stinson L-5

I'd like to see the following, preferably made by A2A Simulations:

Lockheed P-3 Orion, Lockheed C-130 Hercules, Beech 18, Lockheed Electra (the original), DC-4 (but DC-6 from PMDG will do if it isn't a VAS crusher), Boeing 727, DC-3/C-47 and maybe an Aero Commander.

Captain Sim's version not good enough for you?

I would never buy anything from Captain Sim. Worst customer support in history. I had massive struggles to get my FS9 C-130 to install a few years ago, and support was abysmal.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

I'd kill for an Accu-simmed Connie in a shiny TWA livery, but sometimes we all can't get want we want...

please A2A??

A decent B314 would be my dream...

Hadn't thought about that, good choice!

Cheers, Rob.

Now that we have "real" waves:  A decent B314 would be my dream...

Marcel

+1

I am SO with you there!!!! I managed to get Mike Stone's B314 with a tweaked Ken Mitchell panel running under FSX but

getting it running under P3D just isn't going to happen! -(

PLEASE....developers....a B314 and basic flying boat bases worldwide package I will pay good cash for!!! :-)

As to the "other" old school aircraft....yes please A2A....the B377 for P3D.

Really any old smokin', oil drippin' radial heavies will get me to open my wallet.

FaxCap