Sign in to follow this  
Poppet

Frooglesim News

I find these Flight Sim News videos by Froogle interesting.  He started these at the beginning of the year and releases one every couple of days.

Here they are up to date 

January 4th 2015

January 11th 2015

January 18th 2015

January 25th 2015

Yes, I really enjoy everything by Froogle. He has a particularly effective way of transmitting his message, and his videos are great to watch!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I'm not a subscriber to his channel but he is quite the entertainer.  I watched this weeks video and boy this guy needs somebody to teach him how to setup his computer for Flight Sim and diagnose issues.

A few weeks back he had a first impressions video of the Airbus by Aerosoft and he stated he was doing the video in FSX due to constant crashing in P3d.  This week he has constant crashing in FSX but P3D runs beautifully.  What is it Froogle?

I'm sorry but the only crashes in FSX  I have are when the plane lands too hard.  I've actually had more crashes in P3D (my fault) in the past month than in FSX for who knows how long; but thats not the point here.  His story constantly changes as to this one crashes this week and the other next week.  I would bet a coffee and doughnut the guy will switch and say FSX-SE is running due to P3D crashing again.  I'm not technically inclined by any means nor do I know much about computers but goodness if he is constantly crashing FSX 4 or 5 times in a row I would try to find out why.  I installed my FSX on a family computer that everybody uses for everything and mine runs without crashing.  Maybe trying to push 60 fps with all sliders right is the issue. He is worse than my wife changing his mind constantly.

I use all three (FSX, FSX-SE and P3D) and they each have their own value.  P3D is shelved at the moment until Nvidia fixes the runway lights issue (which could be months maybe years);  so for now I'm back with FSX DX10.  FSX-SE is achieving better FPS than FSX in my opinion even though he states its an emperor with no clothes (basically he knows and we're all idiots).  But with his constant problems and sims crashing I'm not sure I'd really listen to his opinion on that or anything else for that matter.

This is my opinion and I'm sure I may ruffle a few Froogle fans out there but I just laugh when I see some of these videos.  If you are a Froogle fan I apologize but opinions are like ****holes and everybody has one including me.

Sean Green

Yes, I really enjoy everything by Froogle. He has a particularly effective way of transmitting his message, and his videos are great to watch!

Hello J, yes I think his videos are great as well, he is a very easy person to listen.

I will be posting his flight sim videos as he releases them

I'm sorry but the only crashes in FSX  I have are when the plane lands too hard.

You're probably the only fsx user that has never had a crash.

This is my opinion

Hello Sean, I respect your opinion but I wanted the thread to be about posting the videos more so and maybe some light feedback on topics he has discussed.

I enjoy his videos. They're enlightening, but don't treat him as the spokesman of the FSX community as some do.

I enjoy his videos. They're enlightening, but don't treat him as the spokesman of the FSX community as some do.

Of course he's not a 'spokesman' but neverthless he does have many contacts and his equipment is of a good standard. So what he says carries some weight even though it is only his 'opinion' as he frequently states. His latest stand on FSX is unsurprising as FSX was never really a good sim. Out of the box it was a disaster and with all the add ons to make it passable simmers have ended up with a slide show and cannot even complete an intercontinental flight!! No wonder so many are turning back to FS9!!

I think it's great that there are people who spend their time promoting our hobby in such an entertaining and frequent way. Go Froogle!

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

I happily watch Froogle's clips

What stands out here is that he has bothered to put together these video clips over the last 3 years or so which represents and immense amount of time and effort- all for your viewing pleasure. They are his point of view from HIS experiences and I believe he states that

Of course he's not a 'spokesman' but neverthless he does have many contacts and his equipment is of a good standard. So what he says carries some weight even though it is only his 'opinion' as he frequently states. His latest stand on FSX is unsurprising as FSX was never really a good sim. Out of the box it was a disaster and with all the add ons to make it passable simmers have ended up with a slide show and cannot even complete an intercontinental flight!! No wonder so many are turning back to FS9!!

Oh yes, I agree entirely. He's a good entertainer and I watch him all the time.

You're probably the only fsx user that has never had a crash.

If you only count my current rig (2.5 years) I haven't had a crash..

Couldn't agree more.

It's easy for people to get elevated to "celebrity" status in our tiny bubble-like FS world, and I think that has happened to Froogle Pete (and to Matt "Belynz" Davies too).  

Then, you often find that the balance between ego / me me me, and the actual worth / knowledge content of the videos, shifts considerably.

I personally prefer those who present in a more natural authentic style, and have the knowledge to back up their "broadcast personalities".   There are plenty of these on YouTube - regular reviewers that talk in their own voices, know what they're talking about, and aren't trying to "get on TV".

Just personal opinions, and I respect that others have different views on these people.

I think it's great that there are people who spend their time promoting our hobby in such an entertaining and frequent way. Go Froogle!

What stands out here is that he has bothered to put together these video clips over the last 3 years or so which represents and immense amount of time and effort- all for your viewing pleasure. They are his point of view from HIS experiences and I believe he states that
Exactly

I started this thread for everybody of course but folks like myself will probably benefit more,  late into the world of Siming,  Slightly PC illiterate,   looking for news and tips on Flight Siming stuff and just all round Entertainment on our favorite hobby/obsession 

Strong personal opinions on the man himself is irrelevant to everything really and will benefit nobody.  

Don't worry people i wont be constantly posting videos,  this one brings it up to date uploaded 18 hours ago. 

Froogles opinion on Windows 8.1 Regarding Siming