Sign in to follow this  
Poppet

Frooglesim News

Strong personal opinions on the man himself is irrelevant to everything really and will benefit nobody. 

I haven't seen any strong personal opinions about the man himself, other than he's good at what he does.

He Knows something is about to change in the the flightsim community as it stands today.... we all do...For him to admit

that FSX classic is gone and pushing P3d with With Win 8.1, he already has a heads up.

Well we see I love my Fsx classic and Win 7 combo have not changed yet...

But then there's Win 10, I heard it will be the most sophisticated Pc Os they have developed to date,

and who knows how Fsx will work with the new OS......I'm guessing great.

I think it's great that there are people who spend their time promoting our hobby in such an entertaining and frequent way. Go Froogle!

+1

Tom Davis

I7 6700k 4.7 ghz, gtx 1080ti , 16gb 3400 ram, 32’’ 2k monitor, 1TB ssd, 500gb ssd, 250gb ssd, h115 water cooler

UAL440.png

Not that i like froogles relations with pc pilot.

Not sure what the problem is with that.  He's a freelance journalist and has his own YouTube channel.  Lots of freelancers contribute to multiple outlets, and some of them have outlets of their own.  Pretty standard.  Nothing wrong with it that I can see.

A few weeks back he had a first impressions video of the Airbus by Aerosoft and he stated he was doing the video in FSX due to constant crashing in P3d.  This week he has constant crashing in FSX but P3D runs beautifully.  What is it Froogle?

I'm sorry but the only crashes in FSX  I have are when the plane lands too hard. 

I agree 100% with your entire post.  He really seems to bounce around with his opinions and in the specific Win 8.1 video....it really doesn't have to do anything with Win 8.1 and compatibility.

You're probably the only fsx user that has never had a crash.

Add me to the list.

Add me to the list.

Me too. Well, that makes one of us.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

A few weeks back he had a first impressions video of the Airbus by Aerosoft and he stated he was doing the video in FSX due to constant crashing in P3d.  This week he has constant crashing in FSX but P3D runs beautifully.  What is it Froogle?

I'm sorry but the only crashes in FSX  I have are when the plane lands too hard.  I've actually had more crashes in P3D (my fault) in the past month than in FSX for who knows how long; but thats not the point here.  His story constantly changes as to this one crashes this week and the other next week.

Thanks for the feedback. I make videos on YouTube, and invariably with 38,000 people watching the channel I get a lot of comments from people if quality drops, if I'm not running the latest greatest doofangle, etc etc. Sometimes in the pursuit of what makes a video look really good, and in the course of beta testing numerous products,  things break and instabilities get introduced. When they do if I still have to get a video up I have to shoot it somewhere else. 

In the case of the Airbus video you mentioned I had started to encounter the R6025 error. There is no single fix that cures that. It is due to a mismatch of runtime VC++ libraries on the machine and instantiated by add-ons within the sim. I did try working through exe.xml, and dll.xml as well as uninstalling likely culprits to make it go away but eventually simply ran out of time, a luxury most hobbyist simmers have but unfortunately I don't. When I recently replaced large parts of my machine I changed the OS as well and that gave me a chance to start completely fresh and as a result so far P3d is holding up really well. Comparitively when installing and trying FSX on the new build I had the same issues many Windows 8 users have had, and those issues weren't there in FSX SE. 

Over the course of my videos yes my opinion will change, and I'm pretty open about saying when it has, and why. The alternative would be to either never state an opinion (which would turn my channel in a very boring rote recital of marketing bullet points from various companies), or stick blindly to an opinion despite learning over time that it is no longer valid. 

Yes, as you also mentioned in your post, I do strive to push the sliders up to or near max and work very hard to get as high a frame rate as possible and that in turn can lead to instability. Unfortunately it's what I believed was required to build a successful YouTube channel - it appears to have been the correct course of action as well. 

Finally to address another comment about my association with PC Pilot. Yes, I am a long term freelancer for the magazine. The magazine has no influence at all over the content on my channel, other than my own conscious decision to try very very hard to never cover something that I've been paid to cover in print. The exception is FSiPanel which I reviewed on the channel before being commissioned to write about it. PC Pilot magazine's published opinions are not always or necessarily mine, which is why I have a channel called "Frooglesim" as opposed to "PC Pilots YouTube Channel" or something similar.

To the original poster, I really am appreciative of you posting my videos, but have to throw it out there that there's really no need. I was pointed to this thread by a subscriber, but I personally tend to stay clear of Avsim as I find it largely to be quite a hostile environment and not something I particularly enjoy being involved in. It was also the motivation behind forming my own forums, which obviously I won't promote here or link to. Again, thank you. 

Froogle thanks for the explanation.  I wish you all the best on your Youtube venture and hope you work out the issues you may be having.  

In the end were all in it for the love of aviation so thats all that matters.

Sean Green

[...] I personally tend to stay clear of Avsim as I find it largely to be quite a hostile environment and not something I particularly enjoy being involved in [...]

Hard to argue about that. There's quite a basket of rotten apples frequenting these forums. Pretty sad as there is also quite a bunch of great people too that are knowledgable, positive and helpful.

Anyway, keep up the good work Pete, and don't let the naysayers get to you. We all know what makes people behave like that, so just ignore them as you do with any 3 year old having a tantrum.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Looking forward to your "Minority Report!" :ph34r:

Its a longer list than you would believe anyway.

...immense amount of time and effort- all for your viewing pleasure.

Well, it's for a bit more than that. With 38,000 subscribers as well as who knows how many "drive bys" each month, it is likely quite a "cash cow" as well. There's nothing wrong with that of course!

There's a fellow here in the U.S. who's been so successful with his YouTube videos that it is now his full-time job, from which he supports his wife and three children! He is so popular that he now has a forthcoming weekly "Reality TV show..." :Big Grin:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Anyway, keep up the good work Pete, and don't let the naysayers get to you. We all know what makes people behave like that, so just ignore them as you do with any 3 year old having a tantrum.

+1

Thank you for dropping by Froogle 

When Foogle announced a new schedule for videos viz. Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday I did wonder how long he would keep it up and have already noticed his schedule slipping. This week there has been no Thursday video. Not complaining at all as I'm sure he has other things on his plate. I did think though it was a little ambitiious.

I always cringe when I see on his site and others people baying to do a video of this, do a video of that in the expectation that it'll take just a few minutes. Any video of any length especially the size of some of Froogle's longer videos take all day to process and then all day to upload!