Sign in to follow this  
metzger

cannot connect to x-plane

I have the same problem with the clearence reedback mostly but not only, it is too sensitive, can you make it to expect less words or i dont know, like voxatc.. 

and can it work with world traffic ?

Metzger,

The clearance readback is probably the most difficult readback, as it is in the real world.  It's on the enhancement list to make it a little more forgiving, but machines aren't as good as humans at assuming what you wanted to say, so it's not easy to get  them to be "flexible".  I find that if I just read back exactly what is in the window from ATC, it is almost always accepted.  If there's a problem, it is usually a single letter/number like "Sierra" being interpreted as "Zero".  If your first readback isn't correct, you can just move on to the next communication with Ground, using the radio panel to do the frequency lookup.

As for world traffic, I'm not sure.  The traffic alerts work off of the traffic that is in the AI system of the SIM and reporting its movement, etc. in a way that it is visible to FSUIPC/XPUIPC.  I have had reports that it picks up 3rd party  traffic, but I'm not sure which ones.  I would suggest you load up some traffic and see if it works.

Enjoy,

Dave

Hi Dave, I wish I would have found this post earlier, it's been over a week since I installed the demo and haven't been able to connect Pilot2ATC with X-Plane, my trial has a couple of days left and I hope I can test it tonight by running as Admin in Win8. If I don't succeed, can we extend for a few more days? I had purchased a couple of Ivona voices for a different project and I'm really looking forward to make them work with Pilot2ATC.  Looking forward to improve my sim experience up a notch with your tool, Xplane's default ATC is definitively not fun...

Sure.

Email me if you can't connect this evening and I'll try and help you through it.  I'm working on UK time today, but should be up long enough to connect with you.  email is admin at pilot2atc.com

Hi

I second the request for the atc comms window being separate,would be great

Mhazy

Dave, I am having the same problem.  Cannot connect trial version of Pilot2ATC to X-Plane.  Here's what it says:

Sim connection failed

Connection open failed.

FSUIPC.FSUIPCException: FSUIPC Error #2: FSUIPC_ERR_NOFS. Cannot find FSUIPC or WideFS running on this machine.

at FSUIPC. FSUIPCConnection.Open (byte Classinstance, Int32

RequiredFlightSimVersion)

at P2A_2020.P2ASimulatorFSUIPC.OpenFSUIPC