Sign in to follow this  
GHarrall

Hardware Throttle with Actual Reverse Thrust / Beta Section?

Hi all,

Currently have a few different hardware throttles collected over the years but I am looking for one that doesn't use a 'button' at the end of the throttle travel to initiate reverse thrust / beta

I know that technically you can set up a throttle with a reverse zone in FSUIPC, but I really wanted a hardware 'stop' where you have to move the throttle into a new area to initiate reverse / beta

Does such a throttle exist? 

PFC looks promising with the turboprop quadrant.......

I have a "Thrustmaster Warthog" which has two throttles and reverse thrust after lifting the throttles up and back over a detent. Expensive but really good kit. .

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

I have a "Thrustmaster Warthog" which has two throttles and reverse thrust after lifting the throttles up and back over a detent. Expensive but really good kit. .

Ahhh......thanks. Looks great but really dont need the stick

May work out cheaper than other options still though. Can you use the throttle separate from the stick?

I'm not 100% sure on this but I believe this has reverse thrust after the idle position ?

Saitek Three Lever Pro Throttle Quadrant (PZ45) 

Perhaps another member can confirm as I need one too !

Buster.

I'm not 100% sure on this but I believe this has reverse thrust after the idle position ?

Saitek Three Lever Pro Throttle Quadrant (PZ45) 

Perhaps another member can confirm as I need one too !

Buster.

No, I have one.

It only uses a button below idle. Its just on or off

I was looking at the throttle kits at fsxthrottle.com, but no response to my inquiry at their web site, other than a "thank you for asking" automatic response. Too bad too, because it looked very promising. Supposedly did everything you want (me too, I'm trying to build a cockpit).

...not to hijack the post...but...has anybody dealt with them?

Throttletek makes exactly what you want, but expensive.

cheers..

Joe

Joe Balmas

I've always been puzzled as to why makers of throttle controllers have overlooked this, so nice to have the basic essentials of flight controll on the stick or throttle so you dont have to take your eyes off the screen to hit F2 when landing.  Many throttles have a useless idle detent, if you close the throttle you know its at idle !! why not make the detent for reverse thrust & prop feather ?

Just sayin

From FSX Throttle: 

How does the throttle reverse levers work? they are simply two separate switches that are programmed as ” throttle 1 decrement” and “throttle 2 decrement”.

So no go there. Its still just a switch which is on or off. No way to control the amount of reverse.

Im not really wanting an airliner type reverse handles. More just a detente and then more travel below the detente to use for reverse / beta.

My ch throttle quadrant has full forward, idle and reverse on the same axis and works well will all aircraft.

Stephen Simpson

Systems: Flight System: AMDRyzen7 7800X3D, 32GB DDR, RTX4090,Windows 11.

Utilities System: I7 8700K 4.8Ghz,32GB 3000 DDR4 RAM,1x1TB SSD,Geforce GTX1080ti 11GB,Windows 11.

The throttletek E190 looks good. Could be quite useful for 'general purpose'

I was looking at the throttle kits at fsxthrottle.com, but no response to my inquiry at their web site, other than a "thank you for asking" automatic response. Too bad too, because it looked very promising. Supposedly did everything you want (me too, I'm trying to build a cockpit).

...not to hijack the post...but...has anybody dealt with them?

Throttletek makes exactly what you want, but expensive.

cheers..

Joe

had some email issues. it's fine now and we're shipping regularly. tony  www.fsxthrottle.com

My ch throttle quadrant has full forward, idle and reverse on the same axis and works well will all aircraft.

Really?

I thought the CH Throttle was another 'button press' as you pull the handle below the idle detente?

Perhaps your right but it's set up to feel like an axis.

Stephen Simpson

Systems: Flight System: AMDRyzen7 7800X3D, 32GB DDR, RTX4090,Windows 11.

Utilities System: I7 8700K 4.8Ghz,32GB 3000 DDR4 RAM,1x1TB SSD,Geforce GTX1080ti 11GB,Windows 11.