Sign in to follow this  
NickFlightX

PMDG installers for SE

So, me being a sort of new person at PMDG, how would I go about getting the new installers for the 777 + expansion? Is there a link for the installers or do I need to log in with some account?

Nick Hesler

So, me being a sort of new person at PMDG, how would I go about getting the new installers for the 777 + expansion? Is there a link for the installers or do I need to log in with some account?

Log into the account that you used to purchase the aircraft at precisionmanuals.com

Also, full names are required in the forum here. Please ensure that you put your name in your posts in the future. Thanks!

Kyle Rodgers

Also, full names are required in the forum here.

Do you ever feel like it is hopeless? Look at post #3.

What about those people who bought their PMDG's from retailers? How do they get the installers?

Ask the retailer what they're going to do.

Also, full names are required in the forum here. Please ensure that you put your name in your posts in the future. Thanks!

Do you ever feel like it is hopeless? Look at post #3.

Occasionally, but the wonder of digital media is Copy/Paste.

Kyle Rodgers

I hope now that I've spent almost an hour on editing my profile that I am now legit.

I don't mind having my knuckles rapped for wrong doing but I do not have to put up with snide remarks from others. I didn't even think of looking to see what requirements there were to use THIS forum. I have countless forums I belong to and never have I ever had to use a full name just to prove that I am genuine. Having said that I apologize for my error.

I hope now that I've spent almost an hour on editing my profile that I am now legit.

I don't mind having my knuckles rapped for wrong doing but I do not have to put up with snide remarks from others. I didn't even think of looking to see what requirements there were to use THIS forum. I have countless forums I belong to and never have I ever had to use a full name just to prove that I am genuine. Having said that I apologize for my error.

You are now legit, Roger. It's not as much to prove you're legit as much as it's so that I can address you like a human instead of faceless (or more appropriately, nameless) text. Using your name does, however, help us to crack down on supporting those who pirate our software. More importantly, for me, it makes it super easy for me to support your account before you even realize you need it...or even if you do, I often don't even need a ticket if the first and last name isn't too generic. Saves a ton of time.

Kyle Rodgers

I thought i'd post my question on this thread what with it being called "PMDG installers for SE" rather than make a new thread with the same name so if anyone can help me please, how are the guys getting on with the installers as i can't see anything on the forum news wise that really stands out so far?

Please forgive me for asking but i've not been keeping up with the forum news recently and i'm not entirely sure where to look for any installer news.

Please forgive me for asking but i've not been keeping up with the forum news recently and i'm not entirely sure where to look for any installer news.

There's a thread called "[24JAN15] FSX:SE Compatibility and Other Juicy News...:"

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/460570-24jan15-fsxse-compatibility-and-other-juicy-news/

It instructs people to log into their PMDG Account and re-download the installer from their original order. No extended download service required.

Kyle Rodgers

Yes, it's an age thing I'm afraid. I just don't grasp how to obtain the installer. Logical thinking takes me to believing it could be the SP1c/d update. I have just purchased the Base 777 and also the Expansion for 300ER. I haven't as yet installed them for obvious reasons and I'm treading on soft ground because nothing is clear cut yet as to forge forward.

Am I correct in thinking the updated installer is the SP1c/d as PMDG shop only gives the SP1c? The answer to my original query put me in a state of spin because I could only think of what the ecommerce could have meant. Could it be the fact that I purchased both versions, then went back to My account in order to download both? But it was the installer that stumped me.

I can foresee problems if I just go ahead and install because I would be expecting 2 major things. First I would expect to see the installer then the activation prompt.

Thanks in advance.

Roger Cripps

. I have just purchased the Base 777 and also the Expansion for 300ER. I haven't as yet installed them for obvious reasons and I'm treading on soft ground because nothing is clear cut yet as to forge forward.

If you just purchased and downloaded the product, then it will install in FSX or FSXSE or both. Don't make it complicated.

Dan Downs KCRP

It's the newness of the whole thing that makes it complicated. Please don't be so pedantic when answering to members queries.

I will take my chances with the install, and I only have interest with FSX SE at this time. Give me some slack as I'm a newbie in this technological world.

Or maybe I misread you and you were trying to state the fact that if I was finding it difficult to work out, just do what comes natural and not make things complicated if they aren't. It's the fact that I've been used to downloading and installing, but with PMDC I find it's a whole new book to read and learn.

just do what comes natural and not make things complicated if they aren't.

yup, no put-down intended. Adding FSXSE to the FSX installer did complicate things because it got called an update instead of a new RTM release.... I'm sure their intent was to make is easy for everyone but the darn FSX SE ambiguous registry entries turned it into a goat rope.

Dan Downs KCRP

I'm still none the wiser as to what to actually do. Do I have to trust that this updated SP1c/d will be there when I purchased and downloaded. Still doesn't answer the nagging question as to whether it is an installer for FSX SE compatibility. Now I just have to chance my arm with an attempted install.

Roger, run the installer. The worst that can happen is you have to uninstall it and download current release using your SAME download links IF you purchased before about Jan 22 or so.. not sure exact date. If purchased after it was announced here and elsewhere you will have the current release.

Dan Downs KCRP