Sign in to follow this  
lassekronborg

Updated tool for 737NG performance planning

Hi all

I have updated the b737ng dispatch sheet to version 4.9.7. Find it here: http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fsxutil&DLID=188491

This is the most comprehensive package for performance calculations for the 737ng. And it is 100 percent free. All you need is Excel 2007 or newer. It calculates what you need to know about your flight. Weight, fuel, balance, time, and a lot more. It can create load sheets and list of frequencies of airports. And it will give you v-speeds, landing and take off distancs as well as derate calculations under all circumstances and configurations.

As always comments and feed back is very welcome. Have fun.

cheers

Lasse Kronborg

Looks like a cool project and very comprehensive.

The mention of "database" together with "Excel" does make the inner database nerd in me cringe, though.  :P

Kyle Rodgers

Looks like a cool project and very comprehensive.

The mention of "database" together with "Excel" does make the inner database nerd in me cringe, though. :P

Yes I know. Couldn't finde a better word for a list of 8000+ airports with all runways, frequencies, coordinates etc.

Maybe if you have the time, you could comment on the included word document where I try to cover a wide range of performance planning principles. You seem to be quite informed about aircraft operations :-).

Yes I know. Couldn't finde a better word for a list of 8000+ airports with all runways, frequencies, coordinates etc.

It's definitely a database at its most basic definition - no worries. It just makes me uneasy because there are literally thousands upon thousands of companies running off of Excel Databases that aren't up to the task and/or aren't optimized for the task. I've worked with several of them.

At least you're using Excel. I once took over a contract where the last guy had been tracking projects in Word.

...and don't get me started on Excel Reporting.  :P

Maybe if you have the time, you could comment on the included word document where I try to cover a wide range of performance planning principles. You seem to be quite informed about aircraft operations :-).

I'll take a look when I get home and let you know.

Kyle Rodgers

I'll take a look when I get home and let you know.

That would be awesome. Also there could be a few linguistic mistakes here and there. Don't hesitate to comment on that as well. Så kan jeg støtte dig med det danske, hvis det bliver nødvendigt :P

Do you have to pay for the software to view it? like excel

I think you can download a free Excel viewer from Microsoft. 

Yes you'll need excel. I haven't seen a single excel clone beeing able to cope with the calculations in the sheet. Its some rather complicated functions beeing used. Excel before 2007 won't handle it either.

Ok i downloaded it, but its not letting me change anything?

Using a reader you can only read.

Ok i downloaded it, but its not letting me change anything?

Using a reader you can only read.

Hi all

I have updated the b737ng dispatch sheet to version 4.9.7. Find it here: http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fsxutil&DLID=188491

This is the most comprehensive package for performance calculations for the 737ng. And it is 100 percent free. All you need is Excel 2007 or newer. It calculates what you need to know about your flight. Weight, fuel, balance, time, and a lot more. It can create load sheets and list of frequencies of airports. And it will give you v-speeds, landing and take off distancs as well as derate calculations under all circumstances and configurations.

cheers

Lasse Kronborg

Is there anyway to use this tool just to get Takeoff and Landing info, so like Derate and v speeds, kinda like TOPCAT? I ask because I need a TOPCAT like thing for the -900. Thanks

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Is there anyway to use this tool just to get Takeoff and Landing info, so like Derate and v speeds, kinda like TOPCAT? I ask because I need a TOPCAT like thing for the -900. Thanks

Yes you can. As long as weathr and weights correct weather and weights are entered it will do just that.

Ok have you got a link to one where i can use it? cheers.

Vernon

Buy it from Micosoft at http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/productID.259321300?tid=szTCnHAm8_dc&cid=5250&pcrid=68014196201&pkw=excel&pmt=e&WT.srch=1&WT.mc_id=pointitsem_Microsoft+US_google_Adobe+-+Excel&WT.term=excel&WT.campaign=Adobe+-+Excel&WT.content=zTCnHAm8&WT.source=google&WT.medium=cpc&s_kwcid=AL!4249!3!68014196201!e!!g!!excel&ef_id=VJrZ-wAAABbOB8ws:20150129052847:s for $110.00. Maybe you can find it cheaper at another website.