Sign in to follow this  
lassekronborg

Updated tool for 737NG performance planning

That would be awesome. Also there could be a few linguistic mistakes here and there. Don't hesitate to comment on that as well. Så kan jeg støtte dig med det danske, hvis det bliver nødvendigt :P

Looks good to me. The history seems a bit disjointed (jumpy), but that's not a big issue. The only actual issues I found were that you should review the NADPs (both use 800 and 3000, but they aren't inverted - NADP1 uses an accel alt of 3000 while NADP2 uses 800 to FLAPS UP and then climb speed at 3000), and that the trim statement in section 6 was a bit odd (it almost sounded like you were trying to say "you don't trim as much/often" when it should be "not as much trim is required"). Either way, both are relatively minor. Good work.

...now let's hope that someone actually reads all that. You know, because so many people read manuals  :P

Kyle Rodgers

Cheers michael a bit steep just for something thats free!

I would love to use this for VAPP speed as TOPCAT is terrible at calculating the 737NG VAPP speed.

Vernon Howells

Would be cool if you could make a calculator just for Takeoff and Landing performance, I know most people use pfpx or simbrief, but it's the lack of TOPCAT profiles for many airplanes that people would love to have, ie T7-300ER/Airbus from Aerosoft, any plans on making such a calculator for Takeoff/Landing?

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

I made one for the 777 but its very simple. Search for it in avsim file library. But it takes a lot of time I don't have at the moment to make new performance calculators.

Looks good to me. The history seems a bit disjointed (jumpy), but that's not a big issue. The only actual issues I found were that you should review the NADPs (both use 800 and 3000, but they aren't inverted - NADP1 uses an accel alt of 3000 while NADP2 uses 800 to FLAPS UP and then climb speed at 3000), and that the trim statement in section 6 was a bit odd (it almost sounded like you were trying to say "you don't trim as much/often" when it should be "not as much trim is required"). Either way, both are relatively minor. Good work.

...now let's hope that someone actually reads all that. You know, because so many people read manuals  :P

Thanks Kyle. Ill have a look on those sections again. Sometimes when you know what you wanted to say, you don't see what you actually wrote. :-)

Cheers michael a bit steep just for something thats free!

I would love to use this for VAPP speed as TOPCAT is terrible at calculating the 737NG VAPP speed.

Just out of curiosity, why do you use a tool to do that?

sig.gif

Probably because it's terrible at calculating fuel requirements/burn (in all honesty because it's not meant for that purpose - the feature is only there to give you a cursory idea). It's really only there to verify that you can, actually, potentially land on the destination runway (the FMC doesn't take that into account). You should defer to the FMC for your Vapp/Vref.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi all

I have updated the b737ng dispatch sheet to version 4.9.7. Find it here: http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fsxutil&DLID=188491

This is the most comprehensive package for performance calculations for the 737ng. And it is 100 percent free. All you need is Excel 2007 or newer. It calculates what you need to know about your flight. Weight, fuel, balance, time, and a lot more. It can create load sheets and list of frequencies of airports. And it will give you v-speeds, landing and take off distancs as well as derate calculations under all circumstances and configurations.

As always comments and feed back is very welcome. Have fun.

cheers

Lasse Kronborg

Lasse,

Thanks for this tool.  I started working with it today.  The lavender dropdowns seem to work except the one for selecting atmospheric pressure.  Wen clicking in this field, no dropdown, unable to change "mb" to inches of Hg.  Is this a known problem ?  Am I doing something wrong ?

Zachlog

zachlog

Give me today to see if I messed something up with the new revision. It is not supposed to be a drop down but a push button in the sheet.

Yes, just push the button reading "pressure" to the left of the barometric pressure cell. It will change unit and convert the pressure.

Yes, just push the button reading "pressure" to the left of the barometric pressure cell. It will change unit and convert the pressure.

It was the "lavender cells have drop downs" convention that did me in.  Works fine, thanks !

Zachlog

zachlog

It was the "lavender cells have drop downs" convention that did me in.  Works fine, thanks !

Zachlog

It used to be a drop menu in earlier versions. Forgot to change the colour. Will be corrected in the next version. Thanks!

Hi all

I have updated the b737ng dispatch sheet to version 4.9.7. Find it here: http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fsxutil&DLID=188491

This is the most comprehensive package for performance calculations for the 737ng. And it is 100 percent free. All you need is Excel 2007 or newer. It calculates what you need to know about your flight. Weight, fuel, balance, time, and a lot more. It can create load sheets and list of frequencies of airports. And it will give you v-speeds, landing and take off distancs as well as derate calculations under all circumstances and configurations.

As always comments and feed back is very welcome. Have fun.

cheers

Lasse Kronborg

Hi Lasse,

I planned my first flight (KJFK --> KLAX) using your dispatch tool and have a bit of a problem.

I entered all the parameters per the instructions and was able to have clean plan (no red/flagged cells).  Total fuel was calculated at 42,752 lbs., enroute fuel at 33,069 lbs, entered 33.1 PLAN FUEL in the FMC, and FMC Reserve Fuel "7.2 X 1000" (entered 7.2 for Reserves in the FMC).  These parameters produced FMC message "Using RSV Fuel".  I then changed the PLAN FUEL to 35.6 (47,752 - 7,200), same thing....."Using RSV Fuel" message.  I then changed the PLAN FUEL to 36.6 and the FMC Reserve Fuel to 6.2.  The message went away.

Please point me in the right direction on how to fix this issue.

Regards,

Zachlog

zachlog

Hi Lasse,

I planned my first flight (KJFK --> KLAX) using your dispatch tool and have a bit of a problem.

I entered all the parameters per the instructions and was able to have clean plan (no red/flagged cells).  Total fuel was calculated at 42,752 lbs., enroute fuel at 33,069 lbs, entered 33.1 PLAN FUEL in the FMC, and FMC Reserve Fuel "7.2 X 1000" (entered 7.2 for Reserves in the FMC).  These parameters produced FMC message "Using RSV Fuel".  I then changed the PLAN FUEL to 35.6 (47,752 - 7,200), same thing....."Using RSV Fuel" message.  I then changed the PLAN FUEL to 36.6 and the FMC Reserve Fuel to 6.2.  The message went away.

Please point me in the right direction on how to fix this issue.

Regards,

Zachlog

Hi Zachlog,

Thanks for your report! Maybe you could telle me a bit more about the planning.

What 737 variant did you fly? Did you plan using the same aircraft variant? Did you enter wind information in your plan but not in the FMC? Did you use the same flight altitude in the planning tool and in the FMC? Did you enter the correct flight plan distance which might be longer than the point to point distance? Did you use the same cost index setting? Were you using the same Gross Weight?

These factors might explain why you see differences from the tool and the FMC but....

...Did you try to fly and see if either the tool or the FMC came closest to the real fuel consumption for that flight?

Cheers

Lasse