Sign in to follow this  
Markito

Getting desperate with my 777-200

Hello guys,

After following related topics with the OOM issue, and having read and followed the instructions described in the intro manual I start getting desperate with my FSX displaying an error message and/or crashing to desktop. What I mean is:

- I checked my FSX.cfg settings and already had the HIGHMEMFIX=1 and the [JOBSCHEDULER] AffinityMask=14 entries, the FSX.cfg LOD_RADIUS value set to 4.500000, etc.;

- I did the UIAutomationCore.dll fix;

- I reduced my general settings;

- I always use only the add-on airports from which I take off and land on - all other scenery entries are not activated;

- I even deactivated high-resolution textures for FSDT airports PHNL and KORD;

- I have ASN SP1 installed, but I tested a flight without any clouds, i.e., clear skies;

etc.

I cannot possibly imagine what else to do. It is my fifth time to try to make a flight between Honolulu and Chicago. It really is frustrating...

Any other (more) suggestions appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Marco Furtado

Try a reinstall of ASN and possibly a reinstall of the T7.

On a side note, did these OOM's just start happening recently with no prior issues?

7900X OC @ 4.8GHz | ASRock Fatal1ty X299 Professional | 2 x EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (SLI) | 32GB G.Skill DDR4 2800

Hi, Dan.

Thanks for your reply. I had already the T7 installed when I bought ASN. Yet I only tested the T7 after installing ASN.

I had some OOM issues but that was with FSDT KJFK, Aerosoft Manhattan X and REX weaher engine running at the same time when I flew into KJFK. I do not use REX weather engine anymore.

Thanks again for your suport.

Marco Furtado

Some are reporting a decrease in OOM problems when uninstalling then reinstalling ASN. Worth a try.

It is local, most users rarely have an OOM and the only ones I get are at KLAX with FSDT airport. Flown the PHNL KORD route too with no problem.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hello Dan, hello guys...

I can't believe it... I uninstalled ASN, I reinstalled the T7 without ASN, and put FSX settings to significant minimums. Flew today again from PHNL to KORD and almost close to TD, FSX froze and crashed to desktop. How will it behave when I reinstall ASN. I don't want imagine that...

Any other possible suggestions? :mellow:  :(  :mellow: :Cry:80P

Thanks for all your support.

Marco Furtado

Can you try FSX-SE ?  Everybody is saying it's a LOT more stable and OOM-free... There are still problems with some add-ons not being partially or fully supported, but even the PMDG 777s are now fully FSX-SE ready!

ASN doesn't yet have an installer for FSX-SE though, but you can use the free FSXWX and it works beautifully, iven if we can't really compare the functionality, and of course you will not be able to use the weather radar...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Can you try FSX-SE ? Everybody is saying it's a LOT more stable and OOM-free... There are still problems with some add-ons not being partially or fully supported, but even the PMDG 777s are now fully FSX-SE ready!

ASN doesn't yet have an installer for FSX-SE though, but you can use the free FSXWX and it works beautifully, iven if we can't really compare the functionality, and of course you will not be able to use the weather radar...

FSX:SE cannot be OOM free. It has exactly the same 32 bit limitation as FSX. One of the reasons it's a lot more stable is because fewer addons can be added in to it at the moment. Once users can start loading it up with extras like they used to load up FSX then we will see if running FSX under Steam really is better or not.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Hi guys!

I really do not want to use FSX-SE. But thanks anyway for the hint.

I started a "shorter" flight this morning between HNL and SFO. No CTD. :lol: :rolleyes: I will try out another flight - again a much longer one this time. Let's see how FSX behaves :Praying:

Thanks to all of you for your replies and support.

Marco Furtado

FSX:SE cannot be OOM free. It has exactly the same 32 bit limitation as FSX. One of the reasons it's a lot more stable is because fewer addons can be added in to it at the moment. Once users can start loading it up with extras like they used to load up FSX then we will see if running FSX under Steam really is better or not.

VAS management is much improved also. I've gotten FSX-SE up to 3.9GB on takeoff and watched it drop to 3.2 GB during flight until landing at LAX 14 hours later with a 3.6 GB load. My FSX-SE settings are all one notch higher than FSX. That's with FSGlobal, FTX Global and FTX Vector, REX clouds, AS2012 (for now), 100% AI with about 200 traffic files and the AIShips packages in DX9. It's even better in DX10.

I'd OOM in FSX boxed with the same settings and addons over the same flight because the VAS does not release as efficiently.

My performance is about the same, but the VAS management is superior in my experience. YMMV.

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

VAS management is much improved also. I've gotten FSX-SE up to 3.9GB on takeoff and watched it drop to 3.2 GB during flight until landing at LAX 14 hours later with a 3.6 GB load. My FSX-SE settings are all one notch higher than FSX. That's with FSGlobal, FTX Global and FTX Vector, REX clouds, AS2012 (for now), 100% AI with about 200 traffic files and the AIShips packages in DX9. It's even better in DX10.

I'd OOM in FSX boxed with the same settings and addons over the same flight because the VAS does not release as efficiently.

My performance is about the same, but the VAS management is superior in my experience. YMMV.

Can you tell me what you're using for traffic? I'm on FSX-SE and I've only ever used UT2 and without it I'm a bit lost...

Can you tell me what you're using for traffic? I'm on FSX-SE and I've only ever used UT2 and without it I'm a bit lost...

All of the World of AI traffic (http://www.world-of-ai.com/) and some Military AI traffic (http://www.militaryaiworks.com/).  I convert the traffic files from FS9 to FSX using AI Flight Planner (google it) so that the traffic files play nicely together.

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

Hello Dan, hello guys...

I can't believe it... I uninstalled ASN, I reinstalled the T7 without ASN, and put FSX settings to significant minimums. Flew today again from PHNL to KORD and almost close to TD, FSX froze and crashed to desktop. How will it behave when I reinstall ASN. I don't want imagine that...

Any other possible suggestions? :mellow:  :(  :mellow: :Cry:80P

Thanks for all your support.

I don't know what to tell you, other than something else going on with your setup. Since I reinstalled ASN, not a single OOM, despite multiple long-hauls (finishing up KMSP-RJAA right now). So, it worked for me. Was just a suggestion for something to try.

7900X OC @ 4.8GHz | ASRock Fatal1ty X299 Professional | 2 x EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (SLI) | 32GB G.Skill DDR4 2800

Good to hear some objective reports about it. My main point was that it isn't OOM free, it can't be. If memory management is better that's great. Mind you 3.9 GB VAS is sailing very close to the wind.

On my PC FSX releases memory fairly well, I rarely get OOMs. Maybe it's due to the addons I have (or don't have). I've not seen FSX memory leaks such as many people report. If they are a problem then maybe FSX:SE is a solution. But as you say, YMMV.

It would be interesting to know whether the apparent improvements are as a result of running FSX under Steam or because DTG have modified the way FSX manages memory.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Well, guys, I am going to reinstall ASN soon. Will first try another flight, long-haul this time.

As far as FSX-SE is concerned, I'll wait some time before trying that out.

Best wishes to all of you and thanks again for the replies! :Applause: :Applause: :Applause:

Marco Furtado

Markito,

what i would suggest it do is disable any custom scenery in libraries or any scenery u downloaded into addon scenery folder, and restart FSX and try again just basic flight.  I doubt its 777 or ASN, what i seen is if u install some bad scenery and fly over it over time that eats up VAS.  Also check what modules you load with FSX in ur xml file.  if goes well then start adding things back until breaks.