Sign in to follow this  
That Plane

Cautions when landing

hi there

i bought pmdg 777 and i really had a good experiance with it

i have some problems with landing every time > terrain caution and pull up .. i did every thing right for landing no mistakes with no any terrain or mountains ,, that happen in any airport i hear that caution in 0900ft not stop until touch down

flaps 25-30, gears down, and app speed set

any help

First welcome to PMDG and the forums. Please note the forum rules and full names are required on all posts.

Second, you really should fly the Tutorial and become familiar with the introduction document.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi fellow simmers!

First time poster but long time lurker here. I had the same exact problem with my default scenery. I fully configured with flaps 30, gear down but terrain warn still warns me of impending doom in a plain field LOL

I read the intro documents but nothing comes up about the terrain warn. Is this to do with the terrain mesh as other threads may have suggested?

-Ryan

Ryan, the most common reason for the alert may be high descent rate, landing configuration etc., but not sure how terrain mesh is a factor.  Have you flown the tutorial? Landing at EHAM okay?

Dan Downs KCRP

I might have a high decent rate when I did visual approaches, but it also warns of terrain during autolands as well.

I know the 737 is not the 777, but I've landed both planes with the same high decent rate but the 737's GPWS didn't sound.

Is the 777's GPWS more sensitive than the 737?

Just did an autoland into WSSS. Terrain warn was still screaming at me.

xnBDbw0.jpg

Try flying it in a normal flight and not part of a "mission." Report back.

Kyle Rodgers

I just did a free flight from WSSS to WMKK. All seemed in order. Maybe just a glitch with a mission is all. Oh well, at least we all know that we can't fly PMDG's planes on missions now haha

Thanks for all the help Dan and Kyle!

The "Landing Altitude" on your lower EICAS says it all.

Yep. It was that and the Mission Indicator thing at the top left.

Still learning the T7 is all haha

Kinda...

The missions are gamey. This is meant to be (more of) a simulation. The LANDING ALT alert is basically telling you that the plane isn't aware of where you will be landing it, which is part of the reason it's warning you that you're low to the ground.

Kyle Rodgers

Kinda...

The missions are gamey. This is meant to be (more of) a simulation. The LANDING ALT alert is basically telling you that the plane isn't aware of where you will be landing it, which is part of the reason it's warning you that you're low to the ground.

Ah I see.

I thought it would be more practical if more realistic planes were put in realistic scenarios like the mission.

Ah I see.

I thought it would be more practical if more realistic planes were put in realistic scenarios like the mission.

Nope - the missions don't do all of the background programming of the FMC that's necessary for flights.

Kyle Rodgers

Nope - the missions don't do all of the background programming of the FMC that's necessary for flights.

Well yeah, that's true as well.

Anyways, thanks for the tip and help Kyle!