Sign in to follow this  
asanal

What is R6025 Pure Virtual function call

I am getting  every flight with 777 in FSX-SE  "R6025 pure virtual function call" error. This error only happens,  when I fly  PMDG777.

Before I open ticket with PMDG Support, I want to know, If there are  members in our forum are  familiarize  with this problem. :( :(

Thanks

http://imageshack.com/a/img908/9468/xA2RQL.jpg

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

Dan, thanks for your reply.

I spent a lot time searching Google and nothing find as a fix or solution.

I also go through Steam forum post. 

a) I don't have  Killing Floor in my PC

b) I don't have Killing Floor.ini

I don't know what I spouse to do next.

BTW I  flew  777 PMDG in MS FSX , same route KEWR-KCVG without any incident.

It looks like  777PMDG is  causing  R6025 error,(Not sure)

Ahmet Sanal

It's such a common error that occurs in a wide variety of video games, that there is probably no general solution.

Gerry,

That was the one, I was lost. I really didn't understand what I  should do. If you did  utilize this program, can you tell me how I can do it too ? :blush:

Ahmet Sanal

My link is to a description of the error. There isn't a program.

I removed every program/addons  from my PC. Restored to  Manufacturer Day ONE. Yesterday all day slowly I reinstalled  MS-FSX, FSX-SE  . Made test  flights. Good old MS-FSX performed ok,with out incident. FSX-SE was stable and performed well  with default airplanes, as soon as I installed PMDG 777 to FSX-SE all hell went loose. " R2025 Pure virtual function call " , ntdll.dll, terrain.dll and g2d.dll  CTD are back'' :Cry:  :Cry:  :Cry:

Description

Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\fsx.exe

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: fsx.exe

Application Version: 10.0.62608.0

Application Timestamp: 54abe5b4

Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll

Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.18247

Fault Module Timestamp: 521ea8e7

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 000343e0

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 9e27

Description

Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\FSX\fsx.exe

Problem signature

Fault Module Name: g2d.dll

Fault Module Version: 10.0.62608.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 54abe5dd

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 00088485

Extra information about the problem

LCID: 1033

Bucket ID: 788470743

Additional Information 2: 9e2778096e7e1e2a2e0302fe58f3eea8

Additional Information 3: 9e27

Additional Information 4: 9e2778096e7e1e2a2e0302fe58f3eea8

Extra information about the problem

Bucket ID: 781973542

escription

Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\fsx.exe

Problem signature

Fault Module Name: terrain.dll

Fault Module Version: 10.0.62608.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 54abe5e1

Exception Code: 40000015

Exception Offset: 0002077c

Additional Information 1: cc34

Additional Information 2: cc34e419b58ad83ddc8d831af8eab4dc

Additional Information 3: 7282

Additional Information 4: 7282ac872537aa3d46f15a2461bc60a3

Ahmet Sanal

Aaaah, it's refreshing to see people not blaming Lockheed Martin's P3D on this one ... some people insist it's LM's fault when in fact it's a problem with your environment.

This error in my case was a result of a problem with one or more of my C++ runtime libraries ... the ONLY time I encountered this issue was when a 3rd party product had installed a German language version of some C++ runtime libraries.  The odd thing is that even when you go to your OS Control Panel and select "Uninstall a program" and you see many C++ runtime entries they all look like standard English versions with no hint they are German versions ... only way I found out was when I uninstalled the C++ runtimes, I got a dialog box that was in German.

Anyway, to make a long story short, I downloaded all the latest English C++ runtimes from Microsoft, uninstalled all my existing C++ runtimes, then install all the most recent English C++ runtimes.  This indeed resolve the issue.  Not suggesting anything wrong with German BTW, but it does appear mixing German/English C++ runtimes was the source of this error in my case.  

In the programmer world this is often known as DLL hell ... the very reason .NET framework was invented to try to "solve" this problem ... however .NET framework just open up a different can of worms with all it's versions.

I can't say this will solve your issue, as there are still other things it could be, but thought I'd relay how I solved it.

Cheers, Rob.

Got this error message Friday and reinstalled Windows, then FSX and only some of my addons on Saturday. I am 2 hours into a flight and no problems so far.

Reinstalling windows is a bit drastic. Reinstall the C++ runtime perhaps.

ki9cAAb.jpg

I uninstalled  all C++runtimes and reinstalled again. Still I received R6025 error/CTD.

There were no mixed up with German language .

Rob, you have great knowledge about PCs. These problems are above my head. How can we get help for fix?

Ahmet Sanal

These problems are above my head. How can we get help for fix?

Sorry, C++ wipe and re-install did fix it for me.  It's recursive call ... trying to come up with an analogy ... but can't think of a good one.  So, programmer speak ... the error is a results of calling a derived class that inherits a method from the base class but overrides that method in the derived class ... if this is done in the constructor of the base class it can trigger a Pure Virtual Function call error.  C++ is a little "dumb" about being able to do this in a constructor (or destructor) ... other languages like Java, C#, VB, etc. can operate this way because their implementation support it.

I can makes some additional hints, but again, they may ore many not work for you:

1.  Check your Audio drivers are all up to date (Realtek, Creative Labs etc.)

2.  If you are running in HD 5.1 or 7.1 surround modes, try setting the audio driver to run in Stereo only

3.  If you have multiple sound drivers (like nVidia's HDMI audio drivers and other sound drivers) try to disable one of them

4.  If you've ever gone back to prior nVidia driver versions, make sure they match (assuming of course you are using an nVidia GPU)

5.  Check your DX9c version is latest ... run DXDIAG to confirm all is good

Sadly (unless you're a fan of C++, I'm not) many applications including OS and drivers are written in C++ ... so it's like trying to find a needle in a hay stack.  So given that other's have seen this issue, it most certainly has a cause and that cause will be an application, run-times, and/or API written in C++.

Next step would be to try to replicate triggering the error when use the PMDG in FSX:SE ... it might provide clues.  I'm assuming others are running PMDG 777 in FSX:SE just fine?

Cheers, Rob. 

Have you opened a trouble ticket with PMDG Product Support?  My guess is they may already have seen this before and might be able to get you going.

Dan Downs KCRP