Sign in to follow this  
raymar

Repaints - First cut at some small tail numbers and a T-47A

Hello Gang,

I'm not ready to take on a full repaint of one of these chopped up paint files but I have managed to reduce the oversized Reg # off the tail and use a much smaller font. This gives room to add a little matching color at the tip of the vertical stablizer. I also made a couple of custom logos and lettering for the S/II. Not much, but a start.

I have the right side of the T-47A just about correct now. I have to do the left side from scratch, no flipping with this one.

Regards,

Ray

S550_21a.jpg

S550_22.jpg

S550_10a.jpg

S550_19.jpg

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Nice work!

I took a look at the PC12 paint template and backed away very quickly.

Carenado certainly doesn't make it easy to paint their planes. Why does it have to be backwards for one?!

Excellent job Ray!! To say Carenado's textures are difficult to work with is a huge understatement. The smaller N numbers look much better. Also nice to see an N number on the paint depicted in your second pic. Do you plan to make these available for download?

The T-47 also looks great. Looks like a finished paint!

-Bob

It's Friday and I got the urge to do something a little different for a repaint. The Naval Postgraduate School is just off the end of runway 28L at KMRY Monterrey CA. I took a little creative freedrom with one of the existing liveries. Only half done. Now I have to do the other side of the plane. duh.

Regards,

Ray

NPS2.JPG

NPS1.JPG

NPS3.JPG

When I get the other side of the NPS Blue/Gold plane completed I will upload it to the Avsim library. Each side is basically from scratch, nothing can be reused. Upside down and backwards while looking in the mirror. A real jigsaw puzzle.

Regards,

Ray

Just be careful not to get ramp checked, as your little reg numbers are in violation of  FAR 45.29 ( b ) (1). Not that I have seen any virtual Fed's roaming the ramp lately, but I am a bit suspicious of one guy that keeps showing up on my Orbx ramps from time to time   :P

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA
US FAA A&P / Commercial Pilot Multi Engine Land IFR

Your talent is a gift from God. How you use your talent is your gift back to God.

Just be careful not to get ramp checked, as your little reg numbers are in violation of  FAR 45.29 ( b ) (1). Not that I have seen any virtual Fed's roaming the ramp lately, but I am a bit suspicious of one guy that keeps showing up on my Orbx ramps from time to time   :P

That is what that roll of Franklins is for, just in case the ole story about the Ferry Permit is around here someplace doesn't work. Also used the 'waiting on some special paint' the boss wants to use for the shadow for the new N number that he has reserved.

Regards,

Ray