Sign in to follow this  
FLV-11

777 Door Arm Bug?

d256cad0086793363c8f1fcf07bf705e.pngFor whatever reason, when my 777 is loaded Cold and Dark at EGBB, the doors refuse to work. I've tried having power, not having power, ensuring engines are on (or off). I can't seem to figure out the issue. I use GSX as well. Any suggestions on how I can fix this? Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Same for me yesterday at ENGM, I discover if pressure is below 978 or 977 hpa I don't remember the exact value, doors can't open, if I change pressure above this level for example at 980hpa doors are working correctly...

Strange...worth to try it.

Regards

Christian

Not parked next to a fuel pump at all?

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

** Deleted previous thoughts on problem **

Hi,

Same for me yesterday at ENGM, I discover if pressure is below 978 or 977 hpa I don't remember the exact value, doors can't open, if I change pressure above this level for example at 980hpa doors are working correctly...

Regards

Christian

OMG ... I read this post after I posted and out of pure curiousity checked the ASN weather ... 976hpa.  Edited the weather up to 990hpa and the door worked.

Thanks for the excellent info Christian!  :D

~Shaun O'Neil~

I have noticed that if I start FSGRW, the door screen changes to the one there it is not possible to change anything.

And as soon as I stop FSGRW all is normal again.

Curt Söderberg
Märsta, Sweden (ESSA/ARN)

I have noticed that if I start FSGRW, the door screen changes to the one there it is not possible to change anything.

And as soon as I stop FSGRW all is normal again.

This didn't happen today.

Is this because of a change in pressure or?

/Curt

Curt Söderberg
Märsta, Sweden (ESSA/ARN)

Just a thought, but it could be logic for differential pressure. PMDG may have added logic to prevent doors being opened at altitude. The sim presumably initialises at a cabin pressure of 1013 HPa. 977 HPa is about 0.5 psi lower than that.

Maybe if the cabin pressure is equalised by opening the outflow valves the doors can be opened?

ki9cAAb.jpg

As far as I know, the outflow valves should be open on the ground anyway (unless closed manually, of course).

Hi,

Regards

Christian

Tried it as you said. Fixed immediately. Really appreciate yours and everyone else's help! Now I can load my aircraft properly and get one my way!

Thanks,

Matt

Tried it as you said. Fixed immediately. Really appreciate yours and everyone else's help! Now I can load my aircraft properly and get one my way!

Please add your full name to posts in the PMDG forum, thank you.

Also, if you submit your bug finding to PMDG on a ticket at Product Support, it should get entered into the bug tracking system and caught on a future update or revision and influence other products. Please do so for all of us.

Dan Downs KCRP

i do have this problem, too...!!! But if i´m setting the pressure from 977 to another, higher value, nothing happens to me. It does not fix the problem for me. What can i do? Doors are still unable to service... 

Hi,

Using FSX:SE 10.0.62608.0, and PMDG 777 V1.10.6320.

I'm having the same bug.... if pressure is to low doors don't react - once pressure is set higher - doors work again....

I'll also open a ticket..

regards

As far as I know, the outflow valves should be open on the ground anyway (unless closed manually, of course).

Very true. They are open, but it looks as though when a door is open the pressurisation calculations are different. With a door open the cabin altitude appears to rate towards geometric altitude (so cabin diff pressure is whatever the difference is between this cabin pressure and ambient pressure). If you close the doors, cabin altitude ramps towards pressure altitude (which leaves you with zero cabin diff pressure). Cold and Dark initialises with L2 open, so there is a diff pressure existing and the doors can't be closed if it is more than 0.5 psi or thereabouts.

If Cabin Pdiff is greater than a particular value (seems to be around 0.5 psi) the doors become inoperative and the CDU DOOR page switches to show the status of the door, with no caret prompt, rather than showing the next condition if you push the LSK. The only actions that still work are if the door is closed but disarmed and you can arm it. Then the LSK caret disappears and there's no more door control.

The precise QNH this effect happens at varies a little with the field elevation of the airport. When I went to KDEN I could set a slightly lower QNH and still get the doors to work.

If the value is less than 979 HPA then the doors will not work. I myself have ASN.

It doesn't matter what weather engine you have. You can replicate this effect using FSX customised weather.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Thats right . It also does not work with the standard engine fsx weather. If the QNH [hPa] is 0978, then it's over.