Sign in to follow this  
Bicilindrico

Black Squares on the Sky - FSX AS NEXT

Hello!

Lately, and in almost every flight I have black squares on the sky. Sometimes only as I leave the arrival airport, sometimes during the most part of the journey. These black squares come and disappear after a while or they stay for longer periods of time. 

When I disconnect AS next, these squares also disappear. 

Is there anyone that could help? I suppose that could have to do with the settings of AS Next.

Thank you

Dimitris

Have you tried clearing your shader cache?  Delete the contents of the Shader and Shaders10 folder located here:  C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\FSX

I have noticed flashing squares at times since using the DX10 fixer.  Dimitris, are you also using DX10?  There could be an issue with the DX10 fixer where a setting affects cirrus depictions or or simply the textures themselves.  I have REX Texture Direct currently installed and will test with AS2012 and see what happens.  

Robert

\Robert Hamlich/

DX10 fixer where a setting affects cirrus depictions or or simply the textures themselves.
What I meant was without the DX10 fixer itself.  I reverted back to default textures and I didn't see the black squares in the skies like I did when I ran with REX Texture Direct.  I will see if I have time tomorrow to test REX4 and AS2012 textures and report back.

I also forgot to mention that I have used a utility called the DXTFixer which adds an Alpha channel to image files.  It has cured a few issues that I had including stuttering at airports when addon traffic would appear.  All you have to do is point the utility to any texture folder and it will do the rest.  You can decide if you want it to go ahead and fix the textures after it provides a report after the initial run.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/382811-dxtfixer-utility/

\Robert Hamlich/

deleting your shaders cache works . also it might be because of you dont have enough CPU or GPU or even RAM to portray them.

Guest JustanotherPilot

I had this problem  with my old computer, My old CPU and GPU couldn't cope with the extra demand on them. I found that I had the sliders set too far to the right in the FSX cfg and the cloud draw distance set too far in ASN. I back them off until the black stopped showing.

I had this problem  with my old computer, My old CPU and GPU couldn't cope with the extra demand on them. I found that I had the sliders set too far to the right in the FSX cfg and the cloud draw distance set too far in ASN. I back them off until the black stopped showing.

that probably will fix his problem