Sign in to follow this  
ac4

PMDG 777 "Insufficicent Fuel " message

Hello everyone I have insufficient fuel message on eicas and in fmc 

I'm using FSACİTONS-FUEL page for loading fuel .(FMC)

I loaded enough fuel and when I prepare before start procedure I got that message (insufficient fuel)

then I checked (Legs--RTE data) and saw that I will have 7.7 tons of fuel at destination airport.(plenty of fuel)

What should I do ?

Thanks for answers

Berke Karakın

Berke Karakın 

from Turkey

Berke, the message appears when the forecast remaining is less than the reserve value you entered on the PERF page. Change that value and you're ok.

Dan Downs KCRP

and saw that I will have 7.7 tons of fuel at destination airport.(plenty of fuel)

True.

...but how much fuel did you tell the plane that you weren't going to use on your route (the RESERVE value on the PERF INIT page)? If this value is higher than the projected fuel at destination, the plane will warn you. The FMC is only as good as the info you give it. Always pay attention to what you're telling the plane.

Kyle Rodgers

The FMC is only as good as the info you give it. Always pay attention to what you're telling the plane.

Or as I like to say -

The intelligence of a computer is equivalent to a toaster; when you tell it to do a task, it will do it for you very very well (eg. autoland). However, if you expect it to comprehend and think on its own, you'll have to wait until the Skynet era........

(Sorry, couldn't resist! Back to the OP's question!)

3HSAJHT.png

TFDi Design

OK thank you very much 

I was loading Perf Inıt Page Automatic (By requesting perf ınıt from fmc)

and the value of reserve fuel was 8.8 (higher than projected fuel at destination airport)

I set it lower .  everything is good now.

Berke Karakın 

from Turkey

I was facing the same issue, i even tried loading 100% fuel, however it still shows insufficient fuel.The flight plan is being loaded via datalink from PFPX.When i tried however to manually enter the plan, it worked fine.Strange !

Clinton Royston Fernandes.

Vabb-Mumbai India.

When i tried however to manually enter the plan, it worked fine.Strange !

I turn OFF the automatic performance and wind uploads.. I use the PFPX flight plans but prefer to enter my own PERF data and request Winds on my schedule.

Dan Downs KCRP

I turn OFF the automatic performance and wind uploads.. I use the PFPX flight plans but prefer to enter my own PERF data and request Winds on my schedule.

My issue is that when i request the route via data link, it loads the route fine, however regardless of the fuel amount, it will still show 0.0 on the progress page and insufficient fuel.However if i manually enter the same route into the FMC, then the fuel is normal.I guess its got to do with the new version of PFPX.Anybody who has updated, care to check for me ?

Clinton Royston Fernandes.

Vabb-Mumbai India.

Anybody who has updated, care to check for me ?

Worked for me at least a few times last week.

Things to check:

• PFPX exported in the 777 format, specifically.
  • PFPX didn't select some random, odd waypoint with a similar name, but thousands of miles off route.
  • The route imported and didn't select some odd waypoint with a similar name, but thousands of miles off route (this one would be difficult, because any routes include both the name and the GPS coordinates, so the error would be caused by whatever is writing the route). Check this using PLAN mode on the ND and STEPping through the LEGS page.

When you're hand-entering the plan, are there any fixes where you line select it to the plan and then get the extra page asking you which of the duplicate named fixes you want?

Kyle Rodgers

My issue is that when i request the route via data link, it loads the route fine, however regardless of the fuel amount, it will still show 0.0 on the progress page and insufficient fuel

Be sure to Activate and EXEC the flight plan after if has loaded.  The loading of flightplans is from a file that PFPX (or anything else) has saved, and not directly from PFPX (or anything else).

Dan Downs KCRP