Sign in to follow this  
Cap737Jon

777-200 caution light 1.10.6320

So I have fully updated the air ship but I am still getting a ghost caution on C/D start up. Is there any way to make a load up to just having bat power on or already having ground power connected? If I cant figure this out I may just do a uninstall and start over fresh.

Jon

So I have fully updated the air ship but I am still getting a ghost caution on C/D start up. Is there any way to make a load up to just having bat power on or already having ground power connected? If I cant figure this out I may just do a uninstall and start over fresh.

Hi, Jon,

Load the aircraft, set it up exactly the way you want it, battery, ground connections, doors, etc.  Cancel whatever caution you are getting.

Save the panel state under a new name, such as 777 GND PWR.  DON'T reuse/overwrite the name of an existing PMDG-supplied panel state. Then make the new panel state the default panel state. 

Next time you start FSX and load a 777, it should open as you have set it up.

Reinstalling is rarely necessary -- in fact I have never done it except for PMDG updates.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Hi, Jon,

Load the aircraft, set it up exactly the way you want it, battery, ground connections, doors, etc.  Cancel whatever caution you are getting.

Save the panel state under a new name, such as 777 GND PWR.  DON'T reuse/overwrite the name of an existing PMDG-supplied panel state. Then make the new panel state the default panel state. 

Next time you start FSX and load a 777, it should open as you have set it up.

Reinstalling is rarely necessary -- in fact I have never done it except for PMDG updates.

Mike

Hello Mike,

Thank you for the reply. I'd like to save it JUST with batterys connected but can't due to no FMC power. I am thinking that the plane did not really update. I will try some stuff then if all else fails do a fresh install.

Jon

Thank you for the reply. I'd like to save it JUST with batterys connected but can't due to no FMC power. I am thinking that the plane did not really update. I will try some stuff then if all else fails do a fresh install.

Hi, Jon,

You can get the FMC to come alive by clicking and holding the menu button (may work only in the third FMC, shift-4).  I am thinking that you need to give the introductory manual a good read as it explains this.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Hi, Jon,

You can get the FMC to come alive by clicking and holding the menu button (may work only in the third FMC, shift-4).  I am thinking that you need to give the introductory manual a good read as it explains this.

Mike

If ever I had this problem Jonathan it's because of invalid panel state files that may well come from a previous version and no longer work. Delete your current panel state files and try and make a new one in the FMC as Mike said

Thank you both for the help!! I must have missed that part while going over the manual...

Jon

OK so I set up the plane the way I wanted (battery on only) saved to a new option and on start up as soon as I hit that fuel switch for #1 the caution came on again. I guess my last option is to uninstall all updates and start over???

Jon