Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Video problem....can't believe it!

Seems that when I fire up FSX, there is NO PLANE in the startup.  It's just totally BLACK.  However, when I re-install my Nvidia driver, the airplane appears, and I have a normal session with FSX.  After I shut down, and restart FSX, the BLACK , blank area appears again.  All I have to do to be back flying is REINSTALL my latest video driver.  My system is a state of the art Jetline system with a 780ti card.  I did call Jetline, and they are researching this problem, but I thought I'd ask the forum tonight to see if anyone else has experienced this. Any ideas what's going on?  I would appreciate a hint of what I can do to remedy this.  Please help.

Stan

Two questions: Are you on DX9 or DX10? and is disablepreload=1 in the cfg?

Edit: 3 questions actually, are you sure the screen resolution is set correctly?

DX9 and screen resolution is set correctly at 2560x 1440.  Disablepreload=1 is NOT set in the config.

Stan

Did you install anything or make any changes to your system prior to this? Anytime I've ever had something random like this happen to me it was usually due to some type of change I made to FSX or my computer.

You could always try flushing your FSX shader cache and see if that helps or makes any difference.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "Monitors, Video Cards and Drivers". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

I would follow cmpbellsjc ....

Based on what you report, it makes me think about a shader issue.

Could you please delete the following cache folder: (copy past it into you address bar or Run command)

%localappdata%\Microsoft\FSX

There's no harm deleting it, FSX will rebuild it. You'll loose nothing.

The first time you fire up FSX, graphics might look a little odd for a minute or so. But after that minute, all should run smooth as before.

Regards,

Vital Vanbeginne

You mean delete the Shaders folder?

Stan

Stan,

Yes. I assumed you did not know about the Shaders cache folder...

Any chances you see the following line in your FSX.CFG?

ALLOW_SHADER_30=1 in the [GRAPHICS] section

Regards,

Vital Vanbeginne

Found my problem.  Wasn't the Shaders folder.  It was FS Dream Team's ADDON MANAGER!  After I stopped trusting it on startup, everything works as it should.  I will post on Dream Team's forum.

Thanks for all your suggestions.

Stan

Crazy how things can surprise us!

Thanks for having returned to us with your solution! ;-)

Regards,

Vital Vanbeginne

Yes....a solution but not really.  I would like to be able to have the ADDON program available.  Trying to figure out why the crash occurs.  I have downloaded the latest ADDON program, and it still causes the problem.

Stan