Sign in to follow this  
caddyboy

Vrinsight Airbus FCU - Need help getting it working with LINDA 2.5.7

Hello,

I just received my VRInsight Airbus FCU. I installed VRIsim. The unit is connected on COM 3. When I open Linda 2.5.7 and try to assign controls, Linda lets me however the FCU stays on the test screen. I need help!

I have attached a picture of the Linda Settings page.

LINDA%202.5.7.png

Here is a copy of the serial port from the device manager

port.png

Hi Caddyboy

Congratulations on getting your Airbus FCU. You need to need to switch the top left baro switch to hPa before switching it on. Once powered up you can switch to mmHg should you wish to.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Hello ScotFlieger,

I turned the FCU off, put the switch on HPA. Set up the values and it still stays on test mode. Do i need to set anything up in VRIsim before using it with Linda?

I am totally lost with this FCU. When i purchased it, i was told this is really hard to get working. I never thought it would be this hard. Thanks in advance or your help

ok, Now when it starts it stays at the same screen, now just not in test mode. When i open fsx, linda opens automatically. i sync the Aerosoft airbus and select the default profile and it stays on the same screen.

Hi caddyboy

I am not sure what is staying on the same screen. I am assuming you mean the FCU panel.

First, switch on you FCU. It should identify itself with v1.100.

Secondly, you should check that the VRiSim.exe software can see the FCU and identify the correct COM port. Then close VRiSim because you don't need it again.

Thirdly, when you start FSX and LINDA, the FCU displays should briefly flash and the display initialise with the message of "Aerosoft Airbus" and "LINDA 2.5.7" before displaying the Airbus information.

You should now be running.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

I am sorry for the confusion. Yes you are right, when i start fsx the fcu briefly flashes like you say but then it goes back to the self identification screen. I am only able to get this working with vrisim software (uggh) and the default fsx airbus at the moment. 

VRisim can see the fcu on com 3. When i am using Linda, i do not use vrisim. Once i get linda working, i wont ever use vrisim.

I wish i could see Aerosoft Airbus And Linda 2.5.7 on the screen. Right now i would jump for joy! :BigGrin:

Thanks for all of your help so far

Hi Caddy

Can you send me a PM with a cut and paste of the LINDA console (you need to open it and click on Reload Lau engine on the Summary page) and a copy of the linda2.log file you will find in the /Modules folder.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi ScotFlieger,

It seams I have the same problem as caddyboy. I'm a young wanabee with Linda and Airbus FCU.

I can make it work with Vrisim but no results with Linda.

When I start fsx, the FCU briefly flashes but nothing change in his display : still have :"FCU-Combo/Airbus Type v1.100.... and Instrument Radio via VRisim on the radio panel...)

However I assigned buttons on my joystick with Linda (taxi light toggle for example) and it works fine....

I'm using Windows 8.1 if it's important...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance (and sorry for my english which is not my mother tongue...)

Steph.

Hi Steph

There is obviously something going wrong here.  Do the following checks:

• Ideally on Windows 8.1 you should have FSX installed in your C root directory or ensure that FSX and LINDA are running with Admin privileges.
  • Make sure you have Aerosoft Airbus module 4.3 installed.
  • Run the VRiSIM.exe utility (from VRInsight Download website) and confirm that your FCU panel is correctly connected and the ComPort is correct? Then close VRiSIM.exe. 
  • Open Windows Device Manager and look for Ports (COM and LPT) and right click on USB Serial Port (COMx) and open Properties. Confirm that Manufacturer is FTDI. Click on Driver tab and check drivers are dated 26/8/2014 with driver version 2.12.0.0. Finally, click on Details tab and select Hardware IDs. The line should read FTDIBUS\COMPORT&VID_0403&PID_6001.
  • Now open LINDA 2.5.7. Go to Settings / Setup MCP Combo page and tick Enabled, Type = FCU (Airbus) and COM Port = COM 3 (or the comport identified above. Click save and close LINDA.
  • Open LINDA and select aircraft type "Aerosoft Airbus". If not available, then you need to go to folders \FSX\linda\aircrafts and \FSX\linda-cfg\aircrafts and make sure you only have one folder in each with name "Aerosoft Airbus". There can be no other folders containing these words.
  • Close and reopen LINDA. Open LINDA Console
  • Open FSX with Default Aircraft C172.
  • What does the FCU do?
  • Change aircraft to Aerosoft Airbus (any model).
  • Go to LINDA and click on FSX Sync. Ensure that Aerosoft Airbus is displayed. If not click on Edit aircraft to left. You should have:
  1. Module Name: Aerosoft Airbus.
  2. Aircraft search string: Aerosoft Airbus.
  3. List of all Airbus types - A318/A319/A320/A321 (as installed).
  • Send me a PM with copies of your LINDA Console output and the file linda2.log.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi ScotFlieger,

First of all thank you very much for your help !!

I sent you a PM with requested files and a pdf with snapshots of your troubleshooting..

I followed all your checks but unfortunately FCU still doesn't want to work...

I forgot to say that I also use a CDU II and of course I didn't start VRiSIM first (and never during test) but Airbus panel is modified with a VRi SDK gauge to permit FCU to work. I tried an airbus without panel change but no more success..

Perhaps it could be a problem with COM port as sometimes even VRisim doesn't find FCU and stops working (like a CTD...)

Thanks again for your help.

Steph.

Hi Steph

No PM received.  I did try the CDU II myself but failed to get it to work.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi ScotFlieger,

You mean you are unable to use CDU II with VRiSIM and Aerosoft Airbus ?

Because, using VRiSIM, CDU II is working fine on my computer. The only problem was on panel installation for A320-321. The panel installer works fine for Aibus A318-319 but it doesn't work for A320-321 as the path (root) for Aerosoft Airbus is false (Still named Aerosoft X...)

Hi Steph

I have just sent you a reply by PM. The console log you sent is not showing LINDA starting.  The problem I found with the CDU II is that with VRiSIM software running it grabs the FCU Com port stopping LINDA working with the FCU.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Fgmcn, Be careful with vrisim..... even after you close it, it stays open in the running processes. Hit ctr alt del to verify vrisim is not running in the back ground after you close it....

scot, i am going to try your suggestions, receive a new ssd today. Will install vanilla fsx and p3d with only aaa320, linda and fcu combo and report back.