Sign in to follow this  
caddyboy

Vrinsight Airbus FCU - Need help getting it working with LINDA 2.5.7

Hi caddyboy

I think your are correct because VRiSIM (used also for CDU II) grabs the comport and stops LINDA connecting to the MCP/FCU. It can be started once LINDA and the MCP/FCU are up and running.

Let me know how you get on. I have identified the area where I believe your system is not connecting and have included extra tracing in the next release build.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Hey scot,

vanilla p3d and fsx still give me the same results. I have no joysticks or any cards plugged in. all i have connected is a mouse, keyboard and the fcu combo.

i am stumped right now. I figured maybe too many a/c, scenery, programs or even devices but not the case. Both installs are in the root directory

c:\

Hi Caddyboy

Please PM me the Console output again. I will provide you with a test build later with extra debugging. I am going to get this sorted. It is bugging me why it is not working.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

An Update.  After much offline investigation with fgmcn we have come to the conclusion that her problem was a USB to Serial communication problem between her PC and the VRInsight CDUII and FCU.  It was unrelated to LINDA.

We finally used the VRInsight-provided VRiSIM.exe program to test the link.  On some occasion the program would not detect the hardware but the commands sent were not recognised. 

The test to run to confirm that the USB-Serial connections are working correctly are as follows:

1. Use Windows Device Manager to locate the Ports (COM & LPT) and the USB Serial Port. Right-click to open Properties and select Driver tab. Click Update Driver to ensure the latest FDTI driver is installed (currently ver 21.12.0.0 dated 26/08/2014).
  2. Open VRiSIM.exe.
  3. Check that FCU or MCP panel found. If not, click re-scan VRi Device.
  4. Select FCU/MCP Combo tab and check Port, Type and Version.
  5. Under Test & Debug, tick Read and Write checkboxes.
  6. Enter following 8-char commands (using extra underscore _ chars) in Write box and click T:
  • CMDRST__ (to restart firmware - panel display should flash and reset)
  • CMDCON__ (connects to panel - Read box should show CMDCON)
  • CMDVER__ (gets version number - Read box shows CMD1.100)
  • CMDFUN__ (gets device type - Read box shows CMDMCPxx)
  • TSTON___ (switches panel into test mode - allows hardware testing)
  • TSTOFF__ (switches test mode off)
  • LITON___ (switches panel button lights on)
  • LITOFF__ (switches panel button lights off)

If these tests work then LINDA should communicate with the panel when FSX and FSUIPC4 completes loading.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK