Sign in to follow this  
makdrive

BlackBox Simulation- Airbus A330/40

Thank you but I think I should be left to judge my decisions and purchases.

Exactly. Too many people telling others what to do with their money. I have this product and quite frankly I think it's very solid for a 0.802 version. Calibration works properly, Load Manager problems are solved and I have no problems with its state of development to this stage. So while the haters continue to hate, I'll enjoy my A330.

David Porrett

I have PMDG, Captainsim, QW and among other things. When will someone do an Airbus A340 and A330, when hell freezes over? Well now we have a good Airbus to fly with. I will not knock this product down and it flies great with my FSX (w/ Steve DX10 fixer and among other goodies) with no issues what so ever.

Kin M.

(Klax)

I think the exterior modeling is one of the best features. The VC, not so much. I'm thinking of compiling a list of bugs (after only an hour with one of the aircraft last night, I've found a bunch) and giving it to BBS.

We can all whine about how bad the product is or we can help the developer. And yes, I know the customer shouldn't have to be put in the position of helpeing the folks that created the faulty product that has been purchased but, the way I see it, it is exactly that: already paid for. Thus, I can help make my purchase better or just whine about it...

Agree, 

Calibration works properly, Load Manager problems are solved and I have no problems with its state of development to this stage.

Yep, no problem at my end either. I'm glad I picked it up. Just waiting for the liveries to be updated here on AVSIM as most of the ones I tried have black sections on the aircraft (guessing they've changed something in the exterior since its last update).

I am seriously considering it :-)

After all, I can't forget the great times I had with my PHOENIX Airbuses, long ago!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Exactly. Too many people telling others what to do with their money. I have this product and quite frankly I think it's very solid for a 0.802 version. Calibration works properly, Load Manager problems are solved and I have no problems with its state of development to this stage. So while the haters continue to hate, I'll enjoy my A330.

I bought both the A320(I owned aerosoft x at the time and I was very happy with it)and the A330. Why? Because I wanted to support BBS(PSS) who gave us the FS9 Airbus series, B777 and B757. Which in return benfit the whole FS community. I could afford to do so, other might not. That is why I come here and tell others my experince. I am not telling anyone to buy it or not, but potential buyers need to know my experince. They can chose to buy it or not. It is not fair to call people who criticize a product,haters, the same way it is not fair to call someone who like yourself who is defending it, a ######.

You say that the load manger has been fixed and you are happy with it. Good for you and I am genuinely happy for you. But I didn't receive an email with fix. Customers should have received one. The product doesn't have a forum. It has a FB page. I don't have time to read a hundred replies to search if there is a patch. As for the joystick calibration, I learned of the patch, when someone mentioned it here and went to their FB page and looked for it.

Cheers

Naif Almazroa

My Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Youmou0205

One question - overall how do you find this BBS A330/40 flight dynamics and the modeling of the Normal Law ( assuming this is the only one being modeled, even if blending during landing / takeoff ) ?  Is it plausible ?

Is the FMGS and the MCDUs lacking many features, in terms of performance and route programming ?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

You just have to use the link you've received for v0.80.

Download it again you'll receive v0.81.

If you want to ^_^

The latest version is v0.802. They launched v0.80 with the big update and then included 2 smaller hotfixes (bringing it up to v0.802) after users mentioned joystick calibration issues as well as the Load Manager that kept crashing.

You just have to use the link you've received for v0.80.

Download it again you'll receive v0.81.

If you want to ^_^

How would I have known it has been updated? Should I download it every week and install it to check if it has been updated to a new version?

Naif Almazroa

My Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Youmou0205

One question - overall how do you find this BBS A330/40 flight dynamics and the modeling of the Normal Law ( assuming this is the only one being modeled, even if blending during landing / takeoff ) ?  Is it plausible ?

Is the FMGS and the MCDUs lacking many features, in terms of performance and route programming ?

I dont believe they have released the FBW as yet. Wha they have done is added systems and proper cockpit of the A330 and A340, they state that next release will have a new Autopilot, MCDU, ND and FBW...there are some interesting You Tube videos out there, including one where a chap tested shutting down some of the Hydraulic pumps to check what happens.

Thx Will. I'll try to find that video - so far didn't succeed, although I found quite a few...

Main Simulation Rig:

I dont believe they have released the FBW as yet.

Have I missed something, but what's the point of an Airbus that doesn't have FBW (by-by-wire)?