Sign in to follow this  
makdrive

BlackBox Simulation- Airbus A330/40

Well, at least the A320 has one, as the following video demonstrates:

as well as this one recorded already on the 340, and showing a very detailed fault scenario - is this really such a bad product ????

or this one:

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

After all, I can't forget the great times I had with my PHOENIX Airbuses, long ago!

I can't forget the time that PSS ran away to Malta and all my purchases would not install anymore.

No second chances for these two characters.

I can't forget the time that PSS ran away to Malta and all my purchases would not install anymore.

No second chances for these two characters.

Really? Sorry to hear that. I didn't know that. All I knew is that they closed down the company.

Naif Almazroa

My Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Youmou0205

as well as this one recorded already on the 340, and showing a very detailed fault scenario - is this really such a bad product ????

It's probably okay until you hand fly it, it's not smooth or realistic at all. 

Just some speculation:

They released a unfinished A320 years ago and you have to pay for their development!

After AXE is out and FS Labs on horizon will someone pay for BBS A320??? Unfinished and not up to our expected standard?

They received their payments.

AXE is out and the Widebody line is available (unfinished of course). But a lot of people WANT this Airbus Series and spent their money.

If Aerosoft has released its A330 would you pay for an unfinished A330? 

What's next?
A350 or A380 unfinished for sale till another developer release a finished product???

Is this the best strategy?

I don't trust any "developer" who tries to sell an unfinished product.

The only positive thing about this little outfit is that they at least advertise their product as version 0.xx or whatever, indicating that it's still in development.

No thanks.  I'd rather my money not get sucked into some black box where I have no idea when it will be used to finally give me a finished, bug-free product (uh, no pun intended, really).

Looking forward to Aerosoft's A330.

Dave

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

I was looking at the 330 as a interim purchase until Aerosofts 330 is released. Guess I'll save my money.

Just some speculation:

They released a unfinished A320 years ago and you have to pay for their development!

After AXE is out and FS Labs on horizon will someone pay for BBS A320??? Unfinished and not up to our expected standard?

AXE is out and the Widebody line is available (unfinished of course). But a lot of people WANT this Airbus Series and spent their money.

If Aerosoft has released its A330 would you pay for an unfinished A330? 

What's next?
A350 or A380 unfinished for sale till another developer release a finished product???

Is this the best strategy?

As long as there are enough people supporting this kind of sale policy....apparently yes.

Intel i9 12900K, Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z690-A Wifi D4, GSkill 32gb, RTX 4090

Regards Chris Kathi

Just waiting for the liveries to be updated here on AVSIM as most of the ones I tried have black sections on the aircraft (guessing they've changed something in the exterior since its last update).

It's because the common folder with all common textures (wings etc) changed it's name with this version. If you copy the texture.cfg file from one of the included repaints it will fix your installed repaints.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

It's because the common folder with all common textures (wings etc) changed it's name with this version. If you copy the texture.cfg file from one of the included repaints it will fix your installed repaints.

Thanks, yep that's what BBS requested me to do as well and it worked.

i look forward to a "finished" a330 ............ !

bbs has a modest way to go to meet their promotions / aerosoft has yet to fix their a320, let alone an unknown a330.

both in my opinion are "marginal" investments.

for now, cheers

john martin

I did a few flights with the 330 and 340. It definitely looks a lot better now inside and out. It flies better too and I am getting really good performance. It still has some issues and is not yet finished. I am having fun with it. I for one wish more companies let you try their unfinished product. If they had done that with the unfinished VC in the DA Fokker, we would have had something instead of nothing. It's one more choice, which is good.

Any additional comments from new users ?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Guest Mik75

I liked the earlier version (something around 0.6) of the Blackbox A320 series. I really had high hopes. The time the 2 men team takes (or rather needs) to bring out new updates is long, but I would be fine with it. I bought the A320 series and the Widebodies a long time ago. I never liked the 0.8 version of the A320 and have never flown it ever since. And the new updated version of the Widebodies isn't what I hoped for as well. The FBW is really not good in normal law. Back then, when the Airbus X had many problems with its FBW, I preferred Blackbox's A320 series. But Aerosoft have done a really good job with the most recent versions of the A320 series. Sure, to fly an A330 is really tempting, but the 0.81 (or how they call it) version of the A330/340 doesn't work for me at all. The roll axis, especially during approaches, isn't stable and reasonably controllable at all, the FMGC is still not capable of calculating my base pattern around EDDK. The auto flight system is busting altitudes and does strange things while it tries to overfly a waypoint, etc. I uninstalled it after an hour...