Sign in to follow this  
zeke76

Upgrade to 1.4.0.10 - App comes up as 1.4.0.6

Hi,

I have been following the upgrades for some time. They are pretty straight forward and generally work. When I upgrade from 1.4.0.6 to 1.4.0.10 everything looks fine. I see no errors. But the app comes up displaying the old version.

Strange, what did I miss?

Jeff

Hi Jeff.

That is strange.  The only thing I can think of is you accidentally re-installed 1.4.0.6.

To be sure, I just downloaded and installed the latest update from the Pilot2ATC web site and it ran as 1.4.0.10.

Please try to download and install again.  The version number displayed in the program is from the program itself, so there are no other files etc. that could be having issues.

Let us know what happens.

Thanks,

Dave

Hi Dave,

First off, thank you for the quick reply.

It just got stranger. I downloaded it again and re-installed it. It still shows the old version. So I thought I would do an uninstal first. In the Programs and Features window it shows Pilot2ATC as being 1.4.0.10.

Should I try the uninstall anyway?

Jeff

That is weird.

Before you uninstall, is it possible you are starting a different copy from a shortcut?  Try going to the directory where you installed the update to and double click the pilot2atc.exe file.

There is nothing installed that uninstalling can remedy.  When you install an update, you are replacing all the files except the database file. 

If starting directly from the directory doesn't fix it, try downloading the full trial (It's been updated to 1.4.0.10) and installing it, database and all.

If it does fix it, create a new shortcut and delete your old one.

Let me know what happens.

Dave

Hi Dave,

I knew it had to be something on my end. It was. I was trying to upgrade using the full demo instead of the upgrade download. I downloaded the correct file, unzipped it, and ran it. Everything went fine and the app shows the new version. Just as if it was supposed to work that way.

Thank you for your quick responses and my apologies for wasting your time.

Jeff