Sign in to follow this  
muskrat

PMDG 737-800NGX engine problem

Just had a flight from EGKK/DAAG and whilst in steady cruise both engines show 'engine fail' and spool down. After a few seconds they spool up again and all is ok.
Then this happens again, randomly throughout the flight, about 6 times in total.

I have no failures programmed at all and would ask for any advice as to what may be causing this. (not a fuel problem)

Thank you
Donald.

I had this problem in the past... this happens because your joystick reset to zero position in a very short period but enought to flame out your engines.

The fix: remove and re-install your saitek drivers... if you don't use, install it and this will fix the engine flame out.

How to reproduce in when flying to prove the concept? Move your MISTURE control axis to zero and full fast... this will reproduce the flame out.

Once you install the joystick driver, the problem will be fixed.

I have the X52 Saitek Pro

Cheers,

Galeno Garbe

Another thing you can check is if you are using ezdok, or other key command requiring addons, check you have not double bound the commands to either the ngx (through the fmc)  or fsx.  I had keys bound to the mixture lean command in fsx which made the mixture "lean out" during flight. The ngx doesn't "lean out" so it just resulted in a dead engine for a while, until the ngx recovered.

Hope this helps,