Sign in to follow this  
AZWildk4t

HELP! PMDG 737NGX FSX Crash

Hi guys,

I've been flying the PMDG 737NGX for quite some time now without any problems. Yesterday, I flew the NGX from LAX to PHX without any problems. I walked away from the computer for a bit. When I came back, I noticed FSX had frozen when loading the scenery (about 43%). 

Now, whenever I select the PMDG 737NGX (any livery), FSX crashes. I have selected the stock Microsoft B737 and it loads correctly. But as soon as I switch to the PMDG, it crashes.

Any suggestions?

Full names in the PMDG forums please.

Hard to guess with lots of information missing.  Are you using a saved flight? Saved Panel?

If you cannot load NGX in house colors in Free Flight at the end of runway with engines running (default start) then try running the installer and selecting REPAIR.

Are you getting any error messages?  Is it a CTD or a freeze?

So many questions....

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks Dan. I think I might need to run the repair as you said. I loaded the PMDG 777 and it loads fine. The issue is with any PMDG 737NGX. As soon as I load the aircraft on Free Flight menu, FSX crashes. I've tried Free Flight with a Trike and then switch to PMDG 737 after it parks at a gate. 

The problem looks to be with the GAUGE. This is what I found in the Windows Event Viewer:

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61472.0, time stamp: 0x475e17d3

Faulting module name: PMDG_737NGX.DLL, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4f5162a3
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000ff55f
Faulting process id: 0x1480
Faulting application start time: 0x01d03d895fa61cfb
Faulting application path: C:\fsx\fsx.exe
Faulting module path: C:\fsx\GAUGES\PMDG_737NGX.DLL
Report Id: 87a1ff29-a997-11e4-854f-001e4cccc031

Then this:
Fault bucket , type 0
Event Name: APPCRASH
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: fsx.exe
P2: 10.0.61472.0
P3: 475e17d3
P4: PMDG_737NGX.DLL
P5: 1.0.0.0
P6: 4f5162a3
P7: c0000005
P8: 000ff55f
P9: 
P10: 

Attached files:
C:\Users\Steve\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\fsx.CFG.txt
C:\Users\Steve\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\dxdiag.txt
C:\Users\Steve\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\scenery.cfg
C:\Users\Steve\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\fdr.dat
C:\Users\Steve\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\dll.xml
C:\Users\Steve\AppData\Local\Temp\WERA549.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

These files may be available here:
C:\Users\Steve\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_fsx.exe_9d3d7cf235dc4d3ca38d1177d4ced895805b1e51_1571bde7

Analysis symbol: 
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: 87a1ff29-a997-11e4-854f-001e4cccc031
Report Status: 1

Thanks,
Steve Parrilla

I get a similar crash, but only if any of the control levers on my yoke are moved out of idle position when it loads.  No idea if that helps you out.

I had the same problem: FSX crashed when I choose PMDG 737 in the menu.

The problem was caused by fault signals from my joystick. So try to disconnect your joystick to find out the problem.

I get a similar crash, but only if any of the control levers on my yoke are moved out of idle position when it loads.  No idea if that helps you out.

Yeh thats what happens with me!

Vernon Howells

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I tried the 'repair' option Dan suggested but that didn't fix the issue. I've had similar issues with the throttle levers not being in the correct position but they appear to be correct. I'll try taiyang's suggestion and see if that resolves it. 

make sure your running FSX as and admin, and have enough ram so 8GBs on 64 bit will be perfect. if your a 32Bit fsx will only use like 2 GBs of ram. also uninstall and reinstall and get a fresh .dll in there. 

Thanks ilu. I am running 64-bit Windows 7 with 8GBs. I'll try what you suggested on the reinstall of FSX. It's probably my last hope before I do a complete re-install of Windows 7. It's possible that the Registry got corrupt when the FSX froze.

either that or i hate to say this(not accusing you of it) it may be pirated it. doing a whole reinstall of fsx make sure its in it sown file (ex. C:/fsx) or something like that. the program files have security restrictions on it so stay away from there. also do you have SP1 and SP2 installed on fsx and updated the NGX to Sp1C?

FSX has been installed at c:\fsx. PMDG 737NGX has been running fine up until Friday when I completed my flight and walked away from the computer for a bit. Then it froze up. Now I get a crash only with the PMDG 737NGX. My Aerosoft Airbus X and PMDG 777 work just fine. I think I'll try a complete uninstall and reinstall of the PMDG 737NGX before I end up uninstalling and reinstalling FSX.

hmm mine used to that a couple weeks ago until i updated google chrome..it never freezes now. doubt it has something to do with chrome.

I think I'll try a complete uninstall and reinstall of the PMDG 737NGX before I end up uninstalling and reinstalling FSX.

Open a trouble ticket with PMDG Product Support before you go through that, which honestly rarely solves anything that a REPAIR can't fix.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks Dan. I tried a complete uninstall of PMDG 737NGX and then a complete uninstall of FSX. That didn't solve the issue. So I completely reformatted my drive and  have started the rebuild process. I needed to do it anyways since I had a bunch of unnecessary programs on it anyways. Thanks in advance for your help.

Steve