Sign in to follow this  
PIC007

More new GEX textures..WOW!

Yea I had been using FTX global but I thought I might as well give GEX a shot after also using the UTX program and I have to say for my setup I am getting WAY WAY WAY WAY better performance with GEX+UTX than I did with FTX Global+UTX. Not to say FTX Global looked bad or anything but GEX+UTX is for me at least a far superior upgrade over FTX Global just because of the pretty remarkable FPS increase as well as the visuals. 

With FTX Global+UTX I had to set my autogen at normal/sparse to achieve 30 FPS in my PMDG+ASN+Add-on airport+UT2 and even then I was still getting MASSIVE fps drops on approach down into the single digits at some points. 

With GEX+UTX and with all those add-ons running plus my autogen at very dense/scenery complexity at extremely dense I am still getting close to 30 FPS. Sure there are occasional dips to the mid 20's but I am not seeing the FPS drops like I was with FTX global. 

FTX is bad for performance. I bought Australia region, at Brisbane and Canberra airport, the FPS is under 20.....I had all options on. Guess what, you will never get the screen shot quality on their website.

By the way, I am using GtX1070, 4.5G CPU and 24 G ram. Now I will give GEX+UTX a try. My platform is FSX steam with DX10 enabled.  REX4 ASN

FTX is bad for performance. I bought Australia region, at Brisbane and Canberra airport, the FPS is under 20.....I had all options on. Guess what, you will never get the screen shot quality on their website.

By the way, I am using GtX1070, 4.5G CPU and 24 G ram. Now I will give GEX+UTX a try. My platform is FSX steam with DX10 enabled.  REX4 ASN

I know what you mean. I got pretty bad FPS as well in FSX so I switched over to P3D and that made a huge difference for me. 

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

I know what you mean. I got pretty bad FPS as well in FSX so I switched over to P3D and that made a huge difference for me. 

P3D would definitely be better performance. But its essentially same as FSX (32bit).  It's not worth to waste money and time. I am currently flying in both FSX and X-plane and manually transfering some airports from FSX to X-plane. In X-plane, the free HD mesh v3 is something similar to UTX but much better performance pluse something area have UHD mesh for free.

Orbx's earlier airports are a fps hog, they never addressed that problem. All the Australia airport scenery are very hard on fps. I have read reports of the new YMMLv3 being a little better performance wise. This is an old topic you could have created a new one.

P3D would definitely be better performance. But its essentially same as FSX (32bit).  It's not worth to waste money and time.

Respectfully disagree. It made a huge difference when I switched to P3D a few months ago. Performance, shadows, textures etc were all significantly improved. Best decision I made was to switch. But as you point out it is still 32 bit and still has VAS issues with complex add-on's.