Sign in to follow this  
sjgold

Private Jets Suggestions

Hi folks

What are some of the suggested private jets to get, preferably ones with good FMC style navigation. Or just good nav systems.

How about the Carenado Phenom 100? I can't tell you about the Nav systems, but she sure looks good!

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

Flight1 Cessna Mustang ( good G1000 simulation ), or Carenado S550 Citation + Flight1 GTN 750  ( a bleeding edge project, but nice.. )

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/460222-gtn-750-intergration-in-mfd/

How about the Carenado Phenom 100? I can't tell you about the Nav systems, but she sure looks good!

Nav systems lacking..

Bert

The only decent acft with fms and systems is the now dated ES Citation X. The F1 Mustang takes navigraph too but it's G1000-based and it's pretty hard on your PC because of the glass.

There's no great option out there. ES apparently is making a new C560 but it could be a while.

Carenado is working on a Hawker jet with Navigraph compatible fms but no ones sure when it will be available

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Carenado is working on a Hawker jet with Navigraph compatible fms but no ones sure when it will be available

I really want this one to turn out well, but I have my doubts that Carenado have the coding ability to pull it off.

I agree but one can hope right?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Um, nope! If any aircraft have propellers, they ain't "jets" no matter that a turbine is used to turn the prop!

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

ERJ-145 by Feelthere is the airline version, not the business jet version, but it is probably almost the same in the cockpit.  I think it compares well with some of the business jets.

Um, nope! If any aircraft have propellers, they ain't "jets"

Congrats Bill you passed the test,   i was only testing peoples fast reaction     :Whistle:   :blush:

If you're not too hung up on the FMS, the Lionheart Lear 24 is a lot of fun and my current go to for privte jet flights.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

ERJ-145 by Feelthere is the airline version, not the business jet version, but it is probably almost the same in the cockpit.

Great call, It is what I mostly fly these days given that the Avionics are the same as the Citation X except with the Feelthere you can actually complete a flight*

*Your milage may vary but the Citation locks up at 70nm every flight for me.