Sign in to follow this  
sjgold

Private Jets Suggestions

ERJ-145 by Feelthere is the airline version, not the business jet version, but it is probably almost the same in the cockpit.  I think it compares well with some of the business jets.

Seems like a bit of a no brainer to make a business jet version.  I've never looked at the Feelthere E-jets.  How are they?

In terms of other jets, the only one that I've been able to get good experience out of is the Flight1 Mustang.  I do have some hope for the ES 3.0 models that are in progress. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I've never looked at the Feelthere E-jets. How are they?

Greg, the ERJ 135-145 are very good (for their time) with a good avionics suite, I fly these a lot

The Ejets 170-190 ect have interesting systems but horrible VC textures and have been long deleted.

The great thing with Feelthere was that they were one of the few Devs that provided great Goflight compatability.

Once you sort out the overly reflective VC window reflections their Phenom 100 is also nice to fly, light years ahead of the Carenado effort as far as the systems go (i.e it actually has some)

No gauge backlight option in the vc for feelthere though right?

On the ERJ no, well it does have back lighting but unfortunately the whole panel is also lit, the FS9 version was far better in this respect.

The Ejets I cannot remember, they were not on my system long enough to check to be honest.

Eaglesoft Citation X is hands-down the best bizjet IMHO.  The VC is somewhat dated but the systems and FMC are excellent.  Plus, flying at 0.9M at FL450 gets you there faster than the others.

Eaglesoft Citation X is hands-down the best bizjet IMHO. The VC is somewhat dated but the systems and FMC are excellent. Plus, flying at 0.9M at FL450 gets you there faster than the others.

Yeah, it's nice.  I just couldn't make it work with my hardware at all.  So, if you don't mind mouseclicking it's, to me, a good choice.  Flies very nice.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

IMHO the best bizjet by a clear mile is the Flight 1 Cessna Mustang.

G1000 rather than FMC, but it's the best G1000 rendition you'll find (at 'entertainment' prices).

Rock solid; beautiful VC (even despite the age), and very convincing, pleasant hand flying dynamics.

Although it's still getting patched up and is dependent on user mods at the moment, I'd put the Carenado Citation II next;  it's what I'm flying more than anything at present - can't stay away from it, despite it's flaws.

Yeah, it's nice. I just couldn't make it work with my hardware at all. So, if you don't mind mouseclicking it's, to me, a good choice. Flies very nice.

Greg, It works very well with FSuipc mouse macros, every VC button and dial is able to be mapped.

The Keymapping provided in the Citations ini file also works but I never bothered with it once I mapped all my Goflight stuff using FSuipc.

Greg, It works very well with FSuipc mouse macros, every VC button and dial is able to be mapped.

The Keymapping provided in the Citations ini file also works but I never bothered with it once I mapped all my Goflight stuff using FSuipc.

That was what puzzled me.  I'd heard some people got it to work but I never got one single mouse macro to work on this plane.  Even contacted Pete Dowson to get his help but he said that the messages coming back weren't map-able.  So, I gave up.

Gregg Seipp

Do you normally get FSuipc mouses macros working ok in other addons ?

Here are the functions that I used with the CX

1=HDG UP=RXa4390*X55cc,19
2=HDG DOWN=RXa43d0*X55cc,19
3=ALT UP=RX763e0*X55cc,19
4=ALT DOWN=RX76400*X55cc,19
5=FLC BUTTON=RX165ca0*X55cc
6=VSPEED BUTTON=RX165ac0*X55cc
7=ALT Hold BUTTON =RX165cf0*X55cc
8=HDG Hold BUTTON=RX165d40*X55cc
9=NAV LNav BUTTON=RX165c50*X55cc
10=NAV VNav BUTTON=RX165c00*X55cc
11=APPR BUTTON=RX165b60*X55cc
12=BC BUTTON=RX165a70*X55cc
13=BANK BUTTON =RX165b10*X55cc
14=NOSE DN=RX1658a0*X55cc
15=NOSE UP=RX165850*X55cc
16=AP MASTER=RX1659f0*X55cc
17=YAW DAMP=RX1659a0*X55cc
18=efis 1 up=RXeb260*X55cc
19=efis 1 down=RXeb2b0*X55cc
20=efis 2 up=RXeb0f0*X55cc
21=efis 2 down=RXeb140*X55cc
22=efis nav button=RXeb1b0*X55cc
23=efis fmc button=RXeb190*X55cc
24=efis pre button=RXeb1d0*X55cc
25=ias mach co butt=RX165bb0*X55cc
26=range plus=RX16b1c0*X55cc
27=range minus=RX16b200*X55cc
28=aileron left wd=RX749a0*X55cc
29=aileron right wd=RX748e0*X55cc
30=efis selector +=RXeb260*X55cc
31=efis selector -=RXeb2b0*X55cc
32=fms button=RXeb190*X55cc
33=rudder trim left=RX4f5d0*X55cc
34=rudder trim righ=RX4f560*X55cc

Do you normally get FSuipc mouses macros working ok in other addons ?

Here are the functions that I used with the CX

I don't have any add-ons that use them so I can't say.  I got a refund...waiting for their 3.0 products at this point.

Gregg Seipp

I don't have any add-ons that use them so I can't say.

Addons will only use them if you program them and the gauges are written in C/C++

Have a try with another addon, it could be something unique to your setup.

Worth trying because they are a great help with external hardware when an addon does not work natively with your hardware (like 90% of stuff with my Goflight gear)

Addons will only use them if you program them and the gauges are written in C/C++

Have a try with another addon, it could be something unique to your setup.

Worth trying because they are a great help with external hardware when an addon does not work natively with your hardware (like 90% of stuff with my Goflight gear)

Absolutely.    Thank god (and Pete Dowson!) for FSUIPC Mouse Macros - without them, I'd be mouse clicking all over the MJC Q400, whereas with mouse marcos, I have every main function mapped to key commands.

Same with the QW Avros.

In the responses I saw a few for the Citation by EagleSoft...

What about the Carenado Citation II S550 I've heard the initial release had issues but there was a quick fix put out, but really haven't heard much about post patch.