Sign in to follow this  

Douglas DC-6

For those of you who thought I'd stir the pot about PMDG's *supposedly* upcoming DC-6, you were wrong! 

Rather, through my internet searching I have found a Douglas DC-6 for sale, and it looks quite familiar.

Here is the PMDG plane, with both henning van Rensberg in the real thing, and PMDG's paint scheme:

dc6_driver.jpg

PMDG_DC6B_Classic_5.jpg

Here is the listing at Controller.com (Can't link pictures):

http://www.controller.com/listingsdetail/aircraft-for-sale/DOUGLAS-DC-6/1958-DOUGLAS-DC-6/1357265.htm

Listed as a 1958 Douglas DC-6B, this plane previously served in Zambia, Yugoslavia, and other places. Currently listed at $1,245,000, some negotiating could bring it down to an affordable $1,000,000 for anyone here who can't wait for a PMDG release; maybe we can crowd fund this purchase? I think this very well is the same plane that Henning and PMDG structured their development after.

Thought you guys would like to see this.

Inactive

i cant wait till SP2 for the NGX comes out, i would also like that too but rarely fly the DC-6

Very nice. Thanx. I had to pin all those mouthwatering pictures.

Peter,

Thanks for sharing. Much enjoyed. I couldn't imagine the costs associated with keeping a 57 year old DC-6 in that pristine of a condition. Really looking forward to seeing the PMDG version up and running, whenever that may be.  I hope it creates a wide interest that will lead PMDG and other developers to take initiative to bring other classics to FS.

Cheers,

Brian

The sleeper bunk above the seats is too cool !! :smile:

Gotta love the DC-6B, and this one seems a bargain! (relatively speaking).

The sleeper bunk above the seats is too cool !! :smile:

Gotta love the DC-6B, and this one seems a bargain! (relatively speaking).

Hey Craig,

You're right. Where are we going to find another like this one. Let's pony up and do this. 50/50 partnership?   Who needs the PMDG version when you can have the real thing.

I was reaching for my credit card until I noticed two of the engines are about run out and the other two are over half time. I'll keep looking.

Dave

David A Gubert

Can't we ask our chief here Avsim to host a fundraiser so that we can buy this one???   What do you say Tom, are you up for it :ph34r: :LMAO: .

Seriously though, that is a real beauty!   Would love to actually fly in one.

Kind regards

Hey Craig,

You're right. Where are we going to find another like this one. Let's pony up and do this. 50/50 partnership?   Who needs the PMDG version when you can have the real thing.

I'm in!  I can just about scrape together my half for the airplane itself, but for the overhaul of those engines (+fuel and running costs), I'll have to sell my children and dog.  So I'll just check that over with the wife when she get's in and get back to you.  :lol:

I'd sell the kids but I'm not letting go of the dog. lol

I'm in! I can just about scrape together my half for the airplane itself, but for the overhaul of those engines (+fuel and running costs), I'll have to sell my children and dog. So I'll just check that over with the wife when she get's in and get back to you. :lol:

Likewise, I might be able to come up with my 1/2 providing you're willing to  feed me for the rest of my life.

Best,

Brian

I can contribute for part of a aileron.

Dan Downs KCRP

3 years tomorrow since the announcement.  Would be great to hear something about its development.  I would understand if there was no news as is often the case with PMDG's business practises, but the announcement suggested an aircraft that would be out very soon, would be the first of the many classic products and would not be as detailed as a NGX. 

Started by rsrandazzoFeb 05 2012 02:35 AM

"The PMDG Classics line of products will be an "occasionally released" line of products that come out of our love for old airplanes" 

"In terms of realism, it is not intended that this product be as detailed as, say, the NGX."

"We are looking forward to seeing you guys get a chance to do some "old school" flying in our DC-6B very soon."

"We'll have more preview images for you in the near future!"

Fingers crossed.

-Iain Watson-

I love the jets but we have been drooling for the past 3 years for this one. The release possible is just what the market will be and what the $$ investment will be to see this project through.How much a return for PMDG. I hope that it will be enough as I have been waiting with wallet ready.

JeffG