Sign in to follow this  
uwespeed

New Airport PAWD - Seward (Alaska) ...

Thanks a lot for that info! Since I am banned from the org store and forums, I miss quite many major freeware and payware releases! I am glad to be able to get this work of art into my sim!

Michael, are you banned, or just have an IP address block?. I get blocked for a day if I access the site through a google link (no idea why). I've emailed the site owners but never got any response. Also, check out flightsim.com and here, some users upload to both sites. It's quite frustrating when looking up information only to find an IP block again.

Guest Mik75

Michael, are you banned, or just have an IP address block?. I get blocked for a day if I access the site through a google link (no idea why). I've emailed the site owners but never got any response. Also, check out flightsim.com and here, some users upload to both sites. It's quite frustrating when looking up information only to find an IP block again.

Thanks for your help, but unfortunately I got banned permanently by the owner of the site. I don't want to tell the whole story again, but I had a topic here on AVSIM when it happened (almost a year ago). I was a little angry back then and had to ventilate, but I am fine with it now. The only thing that's really sad is, that I miss many interesting releases, and since I am an active XPX simmer who likes to spread the word (twitch, youtube, facebook, etc.), that can be a PITA! ;-)

Why not use a proxy or a VPN like hotshield or HMA or anonymizer.

They are blocking based on spam recv from a country or an IP. 

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Hi,

Thanks for sharing your fine work of PAWD - Seward, AK. Another nice spot on the planet to visit.

Jim Morgan

Why not use a proxy or a VPN like hotshield or HMA or anonymizer.

They are blocking based on spam recv from a country or an IP. 

I just reboot my router and get a new IP address, it normally lets me in then. Nobody on the site will tell me why I keep getting blocked, but only happens here in Poland. Other countries the block doesn't happen.

I just reboot my router and get a new IP address, it normally lets me in then. Nobody on the site will tell me why I keep getting blocked, but only happens here in Poland. Other countries the block doesn't happen.

That's because you are being assigned a dynamic IP.  This IP is also assigned to many others once it is released from your end. So if an IP assigned is dirty the server at the end will release counter measures. RBL spamming. DNS Spam list etc..  Also if this IP was being used as an open proxy than it will get blacklisted this would probably be on the web server end like Apache where I can assigned a pool blacklisted IP or a whole country.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Just seeing this makes me want to switch from FSX to X-Plane. I mean, the visuals, at least in this freeware package, is amazing!!

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Tony,

"Ryan, have you checked that the it unzipped correctly, i.e. That there isn't another FF folder inside the FF scenery folder? If I remove the FFLibrary I get the same error, add it back and it's fine."

I checked my Unzip .. and that is true you  are correct .. there were two FF folders in my Unzip also ... ( I use 7Zip BTW) so it is the second "FF folder" that Ryan needs to copy over ... if his Unxip has two same folder names.

I have multiple folders within the .zip

FFEOD.jpg

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Ryan,

You should have two folders in the end result to be moved.

One named FF_libraryxxx and one named RD_library.

Each will have file/folders inside.

After Unzip, if you see the main file name appear again as you are looking inside the unziped folders ...

C:\FF_libraryxxx\FF_libraryxxx\now actual files and folders.....

you want to move the second occurance of FF_libraryxxx ..... which contains the good stuff.

So, when you see the second occurance of FF_libraryxxx ... copy it to Custom scenery e.g.

If FF_libraryxxx only appears once, all is ok as is,  move it.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

I don't think I have the same file as you...

This one was linked on the PAWD author's main site:

"FF Library"

http://rdesignx.weebly.com/x-plane.html

Oh wait, I think I moved the sub folders to the custom scenery...  I'm supposed to just move the main folder and the others are inside of it within the XP/custom scenery directory?

exmaple of what it looks like now:

B:\X-Plane 10\Custom Scenery\ff_library

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Just seeing this makes me want to switch from FSX to X-Plane. I mean, the visuals, at least in this freeware package, is amazing!!

The problem is once you do, you find you can't go back.

Ryan,

"Oh wait, I think I moved the sub folders to the custom scenery...  I'm supposed to just move the main folder"

Correct.

The two Main folders I mentioned.

ff_library is from the standard file download .. that is what I used.

FF_ library_Extended_lod is a different download.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW