Sign in to follow this  
FlyingEngineer

FS9 Display Error

Hi Flusi Community,

I have a real problem with my FS9. As you can see in the picture (link below) the aircraft is not showing correctly. I have this problem with all the aircrafts I've installed (Addon aircrafts such as PMDG 747/737 and default aircrafts). But it is not only in the aircraft selection menu. After loading a flight and change to the exterior model I have this problem also. But I also noticed that some parts of knobs in the Virtual Cockpit are darker than others. I hope anyone can help me.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/98sfw0dk8c7l0nf/Error.jpg?dl=0

I've tried also reeinstalling FS9 so that no addon is installed. But still the same problem. Changing the graphic card drivers (older and newer ones) gaves the same result. My problem was still there.

My System Specs:

Windows XP Pro SP3

P5Q-Pro with Core 2Duo E8600 @ 3,33 Ghz

NVIDEA Geforce GTX 770 OC

FS9.1

Flugsimulatorpilot

FlyingEngineer

I am an enthusiastic flight simulator pilot from Germany with strong interests in aeronautics, materials science, engineering and programming. As I was just starting to learn English when I began virtual flying as a child, please excuse the poor English of my earlier posts (2015-2018) 🙂

FlightSim: MSFS2020 | JF BAe 146 Pro - PMDG 737-800 - Fenix A320

System Specs: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII FORMULA - Intel Core i7 6700K OC  4,3 Ghz - ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC-Edition 11GB GDDR5X - 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-2666 - Corsair Hydro Series H110i - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SSD - Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit - CH Flight Sim Yoke - CH Pro Pedals

This is a video drivers problem.

Try older versions until you find one that works.

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Hi Joe,

thank you for your fast reply. Unfortunely I tried to install the oldest one and it didn't worked. I found no driver that is older than 19.9.2013 (Version: 327.23 Driver WH). If anyone find an older one, just let me know :lol:

But has anyone an other idea?

Regards,

Flugsimulatorpilot

FlyingEngineer

I am an enthusiastic flight simulator pilot from Germany with strong interests in aeronautics, materials science, engineering and programming. As I was just starting to learn English when I began virtual flying as a child, please excuse the poor English of my earlier posts (2015-2018) 🙂

System Specs: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII FORMULA - Intel Core i7 6700K OC  4,3 Ghz - ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC-Edition 11GB GDDR5X - 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-2666 - Corsair Hydro Series H110i - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SSD - Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit - CH Flight Sim Yoke - CH Pro Pedals

Drivers back to 314-07 (18-2-2013) are available if you 'cheat' and insert 500 series instead of 700 series in the search field.

I feel your problem may be that you haven't completely uninstalled a driver fully before installing its replacement ... new or old.

The link below relates to a trusted and efficient driver uninstaller from Guru3D:

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

When installing the replacement nVidia driver it is important that you select Clean install and deselect everything else except Graphics Driver.  At least until such time as you have solved your problem.

Hi guys,

thank you all for your tips and tricks. When there's no driver installed, only the standard of Microsoft Windows XP eveything looks good, the problem is solved ; but without a driver. But up to know I could not find a driver without that problem.

Can anyone look for one that is older than 320.18, works with Windows XP and is compatible with the Geforce GTX 770?

Or has anyone another idea how to fix that problem?

Thanks in advance

Flugsimulatorpilot

Edit: Driver 314-07 is not compatible; I tested it.

FlyingEngineer

Hi,

I 'm despair. I tried almost everything. I installed more than 10 different drivers with no result. I also used the Display Driver Uninstaller to completly uninstall the driver. Also no result.

I hope anyone can help me or has an other idea how to fix the problem.

Flugsimulatorpilot

FlyingEngineer

Install another instance of FS9 to a different folder after firstly renaming your existing folder and exe. If the second 'vanilla' installation works well then you know its not the driver at issue. 

Hi,

I think I come closer to the solution (sorry for my English). I tested the video drivers, and everything is good. There are no errors. But I have still that problem. I tried to deactivate and activate the three options (you can see them in the picture; link is given below) and the result is that the aircraft is showed correctly when I deactivate "Direct3D-Beschleunigung" (in english: Direct3D-Acceleration).But many other options such as limiting FPS select Antialising, Reflections, Water Effects, etc. in FS9 are not available . FS9 does even not detect the graphic card (GTX 770). So this option seems to be very important but what does this option actually do? And how to fix the error? I also updated my Win XP with all available updates and I also installed the direct x-runtime files.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kyhok6noe52wnsu/DirectX_edited.jpg?dl=0

I thank you all very much for your previous and hopefully for your further help.

Flugsimulatorpilot

FlyingEngineer

In your FS9.cfg file there should be only one video device listed. Mine looks like this:

[DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT.0]
Mode=1280x800x32
RenderToTexture=0
//PanelAsTexture=0
TriLinear=1
MipBias=5

(in english: Direct3D-Acceleration)

By doing so you are relying on software only to render FS9. Your graphics card is essentially by-passed.  This is not a realistic solution.

As Ron has suggested above check the FS9.cfg file.  If the entry appears make a copy of the CFG file and rename it FS9.bak.  Restart FS9 ... it will rebuild the .cfg file.  If there is no improvement delete the new .cfg file if you want and rename FS9.bak to FS9.cfg.

Best of luck.

Hi,

looked into my FS9 cfg and there is also my video card listed. I renamed the existed in .bak and FS9 created a new one. But also with the new one the problem is still there.

Flugsimulatorpilot

FlyingEngineer

HI

NVidia driver above 3.xxx are not suitable for windows XP in combination with FS2004. Everyone have same problem with driver in 3.xx driver series. Instead of that try and i guaranty that you will solve prob. driver version 275.33 ore similar driver 296.10 those suit NVidia inspector ore older that suit Nhancer. Also try to find Xtreme - g 295.73. Those drivers are for use in combination with XP 32 and FS9

If you want to use latest driver install everything fore Flight FS2004 on win7 64 based systems. After that everything would work better and smooth  but first patch your file fs9.exe to use more than 2 gig memory and you are on