Sign in to follow this  
RJC68

Thinking of trying P3D - A couple of questions

Hi Guys,

I am thinking of trying P3D, I have a very nice FSX setup using DX10 right now but I am thinking of the future and I know FSX currently isn't making the most of the hardware I currently have.

I have been checking the addons that I have for compatibility and the only one that is really an issue is me 737 NGX & 777 which I know PMDG are working on.

I know I can get a P3d license for Active Sky Next, my question is does it only work with one Sim? I guess I would like the flexibility to switch between FSX/P3d until I make the switch full time.

I also use PFPX & Aivlasoft EFB and I wonder if it is the same for those products too.

Any advice would be most appreciated

Regards

Richard

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

I know I can get a P3d license for Active Sky Next, my question is does it only work with one Sim? I guess I would like the flexibility to switch between FSX/P3d until I make the switch full time.

I don't know about the other addons, but there is no problem with switching ASN to work with both: FSX or P3D.

Lukasz

Lukasz Kulasek

i7-8700k, RTX 2080 TI, 32 GB RAM, ASUS TUF Z370-PRO Gaming, Oculus Rift CV1

Dear Richard,

PFPX and Aivlasoft EFB work fine in P3D.

Greetings,

Tris

Sorry,

clicking to fast...

Both work fine with P3D, not "in", you just have to add the correct path in their respective saving protocols.

Tris

Cool thanks Guys,

I am going to jump in see what it's like :)

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

I am going to jump in see what it's like :)

Hopefully you won't be disappointed! P3D is in active development, thats what I really like about it, it isn't sitting out in the elements gathering rust, its in the hangar and constantly out on test flights after a few new additions and fixes to the sim.

is it best to pre pay for 1 month of the developer license to give it a try?

Richard

mmBbmS1.png

Is the FSX mouse bug (frame reduction with mouse cursor visible) actually present in P3D?

Intel i9 12900K, Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z690-A Wifi D4, GSkill 32gb, RTX 4090

Regards Chris Kathi

Is the FSX mouse bug (frame reduction with mouse cursor visible) actually present in P3D?

As long as the top menu bar is closed, I see no FPS affect by having the mouse cursor in screen in P3Dv2

MSFS & XP11 - Aviatek G1000 Complex Desktop Trainer - Fulcrum One Yoke - TPR Rudder Pedals - VF TQ6 Throttle - LG 55" OLED Display

Just nice to hear that, Gordon. :smile:

Intel i9 12900K, Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z690-A Wifi D4, GSkill 32gb, RTX 4090

Regards Chris Kathi