Sign in to follow this  
Dimka

PFPX Profiles

This may not be in the correct thread, but I found no other place to put it.

I got PFPX today, and I need some profiles. And without asking for individual tail numbers or airline aircraft, is there a source that I can use to get real-world (or realistic) values to put into for aircraft?

Thanks.

Not exactly sure this is the answer you're looking for but PFPX comes with aircraft templates for quite a few aircraft if you look in the aircraft manager section. You just need to add the ones you want. 

I just noticed that while digging around in the program.

I mean like, I have a SWA 737-700, tail number N909WN   I was wondering if there was a place where I could get exact values for the aircraft template to this aircraft to get precise data out of it for a flight.  Or is the default PFPX template for the 737WL close enough?

I'm not sure if that information is published... Come to think of it, I don't even know where I'd find the empty weights of the 767s I fly, other than on our load closeout. If the numbers don't match your FSX model however, the fuel predictions will be off between the paperwork and your sim. You should look in the aircraft.cfg file to find the operating empty weight, and limits, that the addon is programmed for- or tweak them to your own liking (some operators use a "high gross weight" option that goes beyond standard limitations.  

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

Okay, I'll use default templates for now.

Yes, what @DanW said!

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

Alright, I'll take a look at the Aerosoft forums. Thanks for the recommendation. 

Thank you John, now I need is a 767 to use those with XD.

Another thing has come up, I am unable to save flight plant to PMDG aircraft. I wrote the paths correctly, but it says that there is an error saving them. Did I miss a step? I highlighted PMDG737NGX, went to Browse, and chose the flight plan folder for the NGX. 

id love a 330-300 profile for the wilco.  The a330 in the freeware web based simbrief is very very accurate with fuel figures, i normally land with around 3-5 tonnes on when I plan with simbrief.  be great to have one for pfpx  

14ppkc-6.png

I did a flight in the PMDG 737/800 and with the exact values, it acted extremely realistic. Before, I would pitch up to 30o on takeoff, almost stalling, but now everything is on point. 

There seems to be no reliable PFPX Profile for the DC-10, can anybody share one?

Swapnil Sirdeshpande